Couch to 5K
63,895 members96,941 posts

Perseverance pays off - slow and steady wins the day

Perseverance pays off - slow and steady wins the day

Hello everyone - just a few words of encouragement for those on the C25k plan, or even those thinking of starting - slow and steady perseverance really does pay off. On Tuesday it will be my runniversary, a year since I thought those first 1 minute runs really might finish me off. I graduated last June, and have been plodding away since, including quite a few Parkruns. I'm never going to be fast, but this morning I ran my first 10k! Just had to share the obligatory bling photo.

Good luck everyone.

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Wow, how impressive. I cannot imagine EVER getting to 10k.

Fantastic achievement 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🛀

1 like

Yes you can! Just trust the plan🙂

1 like

Congrats to you! That run is near me and I had a few friends on Facebook doing it today. Can’t quite envisage doing it myself yet but it’s inspirational to hear from you that after a year it is possible, so maybe...🤔😁 Well done & all the best for future runs 😀

3 likes

Thanks. This time last year there is no way I’d have considered a 10k, but it was a great atmosphere.

1 like

So encouraging for someone in week 1 - congratulations 👏🏻🥇

2 likes

Brilliant! Well done! Thanks for the inspiration! 😃

2 likes

Well done, brilliant achievement. 🏃‍♀️

2 likes

That's fabby, and proper bling too! :)

1 like

Thanks for this post it's good to hear that you've succeeded and the plan worked for you and inspires me. :)

1 like

Fabulous! What an achievement 😊 and very motivating foe newbies like me 😊

1 like

Brilliant! Well done you :)

1 like

Just realised - we must have started c25k on the same day as Tuesday is the anniversary of my W1R1 too (after my practice attempt a couple of months earlier which ended at w2r2!).

I'm hoping to start ju-ju's10K plan next week as I celebrate the anniversary of starting c25k, which I thought was neat; but finishing on your runniversary - that's way neater :D

1 like

You may also like...