Couch to 5K
57,222 members89,734 posts

Week3 Run1 😱 I only bloody did it !!!!

Week3 Run1 😱 I only bloody did it !!!!

OH MY GOODNESS !

I was so worried about not being able to do week 3 of the couch to 5k that I had resigned myself to just repeating week 2. Me and my scooter 🛴 buddy went to the park full of football and rugby players and families and I attempted week 3 and I only bloody did it. It was only the last 10 seconds of the last 3 minute run that I had to stop as I felt sick 🤢

I am so proud of myself, I never in a million years thought that I would be able to jog for that long 🏃‍♂️I wish I had done this a long time ago. I thoroughly recommend it for beginners as you do surprise yourself.

Note to self: Maybe stop running to the sound track of The Greatest Showman, dancing arms and singing out loud is not a good look 😂😂

13 Replies
oldestnewest

This was me this morning too! I was so worried about the 3 mins I did repeat week 2 Run on Thursday. But managed to get on with it with a massive PMA today - and singing along to Stormzy - which as a 48 year old is v cringe according to my teen.

I actually felt a bit let down that it was a shorter run than normal.

Well done on today Elizabeth! Bring on W3R2!

2 likes

At least your choice of music has a bit more street cred than blurting out musicals 😂😂😂

I found my PMA today to. What’s happening to me. 😬

Bring on run 2

💪🏼🏃‍♂️

2 likes

I do love a musical too- may try Les Mis on Tuesday!!

1 like

so pleased for you, as I said don't overthink just do and you did! well done

1 like

Thanks for the encouragement.

It really helps x

2 likes

Well done! We can all do this.

1 like

I yes we can 💪🏼

1 like

Don’t do it, it makes you want to walk and run like you are in that musical. I was proper strutting to the big songs. God knows what I looked like 🤦‍♀️

1 like

Did the same run this morning! Amazed i can run for 3 mins without collapsing!

2 likes

It is an incredible feeling isn’t it.

1 like

If you cannot complete a run then just repeat that run. No need to repeat the whole week.

Well done on your run. Now is time to begin to believe that you can do this.

1 like

Thanks for the advice, I am trying to believe but I keep looking at the following weeks runs and thinking how on Earth am I going to do that. I have surprised myself so much, I just hope that it continues

Just concentrate on your next run. You signed up to a plan that takes you to 30 minutes of running, so of course it steps up, but each run prepares you for the next one. No need to look further ahead.

1 like

You may also like...