Couch to 5K
55,138 members87,647 posts

Week 2 run 2 and no shoes!

So, tomorrow is supposed to be week 2 run 2 and idiot me decided it would be a good idea to wash my trainers and put them in the dryer. Lo and behold, the glue melted and the trainers are now a mangled mess! Luckily they were from Primark so it’s not much of a loss.

Long story short, my new trainers are on their way but won’t be here for a few days yet. What should I do until then? I really don’t want to skip a run (it’s supposed to be tomorrow) but all I have are a pair of Converse and really stiff plastic style trainers. I’ve been going to the gym pretty regularly lifting weights and it’s annoying me that I’m facing the possibility of skipping a few days when I’ve only just got into a routine.

7 Replies
oldestnewest

My converse are so comfy. If it’s only for one run, I’d wear them👍🏽

1 like

for W2 R2 it wont be a problem in converse

2 likes

I do gym in the Converse but I wouldn’t like to run in em. Still, you have no choice 😁Put some good run socks on 👍🏃‍♀️

dry them naturally naturally next time won’t you. I hang them outside or on the clothes horse by their laces 🙂

Not that I wash them often. I’d rather not. I take the insoles out first as I don’t like them altering in any way once I get them worn in 🙂

1 like

Try the Converse, but slow your pace down, just in case. And my friend’s top tip with the new trainers, never wash them - just Febreze (or other similar freshening spray) after each wear. it works for me and I can now keep my trainers in my wardrobe, whereas pre Febreze I needed a nuclear bunker for trainer storage....

Good luck for rest of W2

2 likes

I’ll be running down to the shop to grab some Febreeze as soon as my new trainers arrive. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks all for your input. I managed to get my flat mate to lend me her trainers which are, luckily, my size. But I know if I have to, I’ll run r3 in my converse! Hoping my new trainers will be here before that, though, so fingers crossed.

1 like

I think you will be fine in your Cons but agree about not washing running shoes. Air them well after use. If they are a good breathable material and your socks are scrupulously clean, then i can't see any problem unless you are running on really muddy terrain.

1 like

You may also like...