Park run #10: New Park run, my 4th venue and run... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

110,452 members โ€ข 142,952 posts

Park run #10

Cornet-Carolyn
Cornet-CarolynGraduate
โ€ข17 Replies

New Park run, my 4th venue and run number 10.

What a lovely place to run at Holkham Hall, scenery is perfect. Route is a bit hilly but last 1k downhill was my best time for a 1k at just under 6 mins. Total time 32 mins 54 mins but I did stop to take a couple of photos and walk up the hills a bit ๐Ÿ˜‰

If youโ€™re ever in North Norfolk on a Saturday this is well worth a visit. Free parking, cafe for post run coffee and a very friendly bunch of volunteers.

Back to caravan and cooked breakfast waiting. What more could you want, other than perhaps the rain to stop ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

17 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest
misswobble
misswobbleGraduate

You couldnโ€™t want for more ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ Ok a bit of dry weather wouldnโ€™t come amiss but we canโ€™t have it all

Parkrun tourism! We are running for the economy too๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

That looks a great place to run!

Cornet-Carolyn
Cornet-CarolynGraduate in reply to lagatachocolate

It is definitely worth a visit and you can park all day for ยฃ3 if you want to stay after the run. Free for run and short stay for drinks

LegalLorna
LegalLornaGraduate

Jealous but itโ€™s very kind of you to check out all my local runs while Iโ€™m injured ๐Ÿ˜‚

Cornet-Carolyn
Cornet-CarolynGraduate in reply to LegalLorna

Sorry ๐Ÿ™ which one should I try next week?

LegalLorna
LegalLornaGraduate in reply to Cornet-Carolyn

๐Ÿ˜‚ I think youโ€™ve done them all! The only one Iโ€™ve done is Kings Lynn which honestly is a bit boring! The Walks is a nice park but running around it three times isnโ€™t the most exciting run....

Cornet-Carolyn

You should definitely do Holkham. Iโ€™ve not tried Sheringham Park yet but heard that has a killer hill towards the end ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Still a few more to try in Norfolk

LegalLorna

Will do Hilkham one day when Iโ€™m back - and we used to be over near sheringham park and walk our old dog around there every Sunday- itโ€™s beautiful but VERY hilly - good training Iโ€™m sure but Iโ€™d its the one I think it is then ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Cornet-Carolyn

Weโ€™ve walked dog there lots too ๐Ÿ‘

LegalLorna

So at least you know what youโ€™re letting yourself in for ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ˜

Tasha99
Tasha99Graduate

Thatโ€™s a fab time! Well done ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ

Cornet-Carolyn
Cornet-CarolynGraduate in reply to Tasha99

Not too bad for me. I always feel Iโ€™m struggling. There were only 40 runners behind me out of 227 but who cares ๐Ÿ˜Š

Tasha99
Tasha99Graduate in reply to Cornet-Carolyn

There were less than that behind me out of about the same amount! Thing is, in bad weather, the slower runners and walkers donโ€™t come out.

VictoriaRuns
VictoriaRunsGraduate

Beautiful!!

Cornet-Carolyn
Cornet-CarolynGraduate in reply to VictoriaRuns

Yes itโ€™s lovely here and Iโ€™m just back from a 4 mile walk in the pouring rain too โ˜”๏ธ ๐ŸŒง

SuperMouse
SuperMouseGraduate

Lovely! Once I've graduated I will try this one! :)

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Super... great run and post..all that was needed was some sunshine:)

You may also like...