Couch to 5K
73,677 members105,624 posts

Slow as a tortoise! :(

Hello everyone

I'm back again. Have tried a couple of times previously but due to recovering from various treatments and surgeries it's taken a while for me to get back again.

I started today and decided to start at week 4, run 1 as previously I had gone much further in the programme so thought this was about the right level. I managed it with no problems however this time around I am soooo slow. Probably most people's walking pace. :O

Mentally it is really good to be back and doing it again and completing the time jogging (I know it's more important to spend the time jogging even if it is slowly) but at this rate it will take me forever to cover 5k as I am exceedingly slow. Is this normal?

Thanks!

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Slow is the new fast.. you are doing just fine... :) Check out the post FAQ put up by IannodaTruffe lots of new and tried and tested advice there...

You do this at your own pace.... :) Welcome back :)

3 likes

Thank you!

1 like

It doesn't matter!! :) - The Government wants you to do 30 minutes of moderate exercise 5 days per week ( jogging is actually vigorous exercise) - you are doing your duty unlike most other of your fellow citizens :)

2 likes

You have done well to pick up again in W4, so don't worry about pace.

If you read the guide to the plan healthunlocked.com/couchto5... it explains that you only need to do a gentle jog.

Welcome back.

1 like

Thanks, will read! :)

You may also like...