Couch to 5K
54,841 members87,352 posts

1st gym visit for years

ohhh oh....ohhh errr feel good but wtf is the cross trainer all about. it's like running in mid air 😂😂😂 I laughed...i cried and now I ache but signed up!!

did some stuff to work on my moobs...zomg 10 x 3 reps at lowest weight was pressing a steam train....

Any how job done. Guiness and a steak to recover and apparently I'm going again at the weekend.

Nite 😁😁😂😂🤕🤕🤕🤕

10 Replies
oldestnewest

😂😂😂. Good piece of kit.

Rowing machine also for calorie burning.🤔👏👏

Enjoy.🌟👏👏😂😂😂

Try the centre handles to begin with see suggestions below.🤔👏👏👍

1 like

Haha 😂😂 this made me laugh. The gym is a great complement to running.

2 likes

After workout steak is good - Guinness not so good. However it is true that we are all dead for a very long time - let me know when you work out what to do??

2 likes

1st visit was just to see if I would bottle it Bazza so my plan now is go back and do an induction course and explain my goals to them. apparently they will put a torture 😂 plan together.

1 like

Just what you need.You will love it.These people know there stuff and will give you a lovely introduction and understand your goals and advise you one on one.Brillant.🌟👏👏

1 like

cheers Tbae 😊

I started going to the gym after I broke my foot and couldn't run for almost 6 months - it has taken me a long time to get used to it but I feel like I have built up some upper body muscles ( at age 71) but i suspect that now I am back running ( on the treadmill) , I may be held just a little bit in awe by the body builders there (who can't run!!! ) :) It's all fun!

1 like

I'm with you Windoze, I don't get the cross trainer at all. I have only ever managed to move it in reverse, I have zero co-ordination!!! I avoid wherever possible and stick to equipment I actually enjoy!

1 like

Reverse and forward both good.

Do not know if you use the handles and your arms,🤔 initially do not. Just grip the other centre handles and work your legs only.

Like everything can’t run until you can walk.Try and setting not too low maybe 2 or 3 if you are comfortable.I just helps a little with maybe balance insecurity having a little more to oust against.

Start with small enjoyable sessions, 5mins.I know people at our gym max setting for one hour.🙈👏👏Also know ex London championship runner, setting 6, at least 30 - 60 mins everyday in addition to 30 mins on rowing and spinner.

Yes minimum one hour - two hours everyday. Only thing that keeps him going.

Good luck with your gym and all the kit. Start slow and short times and you will enjoy it all.🌟👏👏

hehe yeah it is a little weird first time out

You may also like...