Couch to 5K
64,261 members97,296 posts

Wk9R2 - snow day ❄️ go day

Wk9R2 - snow day ❄️ go day

Really didn’t think it would happen today. Went out for lunch so felt postprandial this afternoon! Left work early, got home and changed and down came a blizzard. Prowled the house and then it stopped so I seized the moment and headed out.

Had a thermal polo neck under running top and a headband under my hood - that really did the trick in minus 3 and wind.

Kept my steps really small and a very sedate pace. Listening to Table Manners podcast with Ralph Little as guest. Phone conked out as they were about to tuck into tagine and Micheal said 20 mins gone.

Managed over 5k and over 30 mins according to watch and pleasantly warm.

Top tip - press all your buttons (watches, phone) before you leave the house and get your gloves on. Thought I’d got frostbite at one point 😆❄️🙌

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Fabulous, well done. Loving those trainers! Great colour. 👍😁

1 like

I know. They looked luminous in the snow 😎

1 like

Ahhh well done!! You must be feeling very pleased with yourself and rightly so😁 I’m afraid I wasn’t so brave! Got home 10 mins ago and thought about it but decided snow+dark on my usual route was maybe too risky...(plus my boyfriend had already put the kettle on😂) Got my alarm set mega early tomorrow though so I’m not chickening out completely!! 🏃‍♀️ ⛄️

1 like

You’re wise, too risky in the dark - really need to see where your feet are going. Good luck for tomorrow 🙏weather wise

1 like

You did brilliantly...Well done on braving the elements😊x

1 like

Yay! Well done. Brilliant to do over 5k 😊

1 like

Quite amazed - sometimes wonder if these things are accurate - my steps were so small 😆

Loving the fluoro and the snow, what a fb combo and what a fab run.

1 like

😊thank you ☺️

You may also like...