Couch to 5K
65,372 members β€’ 98,767 posts

W5R3 in the bag .. now give me more!

Was feeling a bit under the weather and long day at work but I decided to go for it ... and I did it!

Accidentally paused the app so had to run extra 2 minutes to complete, ran total of 3.04km in 22minutes.

I've read so many other posts saying this 20 min is easier than it seems and I cannot agree more, to me this was the easiest run so far!

When I first started the programme I went too fast and got a stress fracture in my knee, I could have quit but I refused to! nursed it for 2 months and I was back on the road!

Starting at week 1 again, I worked hard to correct my stance, changed to forefoot running and made sure I stay injury free by going slow and taking rest days in between .. and today I felt proud of myself, I felt proud to have made it this far :)

5k here I come!

7 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

You should feel proud, it sounds like you have had your own little battle there to get over that hill. You will smash the rest of it no problem!!

1 like

Yes, the running bug has well and truly bitten me .. I look forward to the remaining runs, thanks!

Well done!! Especially for starting over again and not letting the break beat you. πŸ€›πŸ»

1 like

Well done great achievement enjoy your journey graduation not far away πŸ‘πŸ‘

1 like

Fab achievement, and well done for overcoming your injury. W3R3 is a big milestone. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

1 like

I meant, of course, W5 R3 (still half asleep here!)

W3R3 was a massive milestone in its own right tbh :) thanks!

You may also like...