to c25k again or not to c25k

My last run was a half marathon in September and since then I have lost the mojo.

I want to get back into running again but not sure where I need to start from, is re-doing c25k too far back?

Maybe I could start at week 5?

Or do I do a test 5k and see how I get on.

I haven't a clue how much fitness I will have lost in the last 3 1/2 months.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I am certainly no expert but if you were able to run a half marathon as recently as September I would have thought you could have a crack at a steady paced 5k.

• Why not try an accelerated C25K? One run from each week to enable you to gauge your level and also to give you the confidence that you can still run?

• I'd go out for a test run, with no expectations, and just see what you can do (of course, keeping it slow and steady πŸ˜‰). You might be pleasantly surprised. But regardless, you'll have a good idea of where to start again.

• I agree with SaskAlliecat . Just get your running gear on and get out there. No expectations and no limitations either. I doubt you will get much satisfaction from doing W1R1.

Run at a nice comfortable pace and let your body decide when its had enough

• Thanks everyone, just need to get the habit back, 5k tomorrow then me thinks.

• I agree with SaskAlliecat ..head out.. see how it all feels:)

You may also like...