Couch to 5K
64,405 members97,484 posts

New Shoes?

Hi fellow runners 😀, I graduated on Christmas Eve and haven’t run since. I picked up a slight back niggle, so I’m resting it. I am going back into the gym on Sunday to hopefully carry on with my running. I think I need to invest in some shoes and have been recommended a good running shop nearby...apart from myself, what do I need to take with me/wear for a gait analysis? Many thanks for your invaluable advice as always.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

All you will need is yourself and to be dressed to run. You will normally run for a short time on a treadmill where they film your gait. Then they will make a recommendation and let you try shoes that meet it. Some let your run round the car park with them or back on the dreadmill.

1 like

I had a gait analysis yesterday at my local DW sports. I didn’t need anything. They provided the shoes. I assume it’s the same everywhere?

(It was also free👍)

Congratulations on graduating and

Good luck with the shopping!

1 like

Take the socks you run in. Don't be swayed by brands etc. Different shoes fit different shape feet so go for the best fit.

2 likes

Just wear clothes you are comfy in and that show your legs so they can see what your legs do when you run...

2 likes

If you take old shoes with you the wear on them tells a story.

This may help healthunlocked.com/couchto5...……………..which-shoes

Take lots of money!!

3 likes

Hi Ian. That write up of yours is awesome. Wish I could have received advice like that when I was first hunting for running shoes. I took Rita (wife )she has pronation big time. to A****s in London. A free consultation expertly carried out and no pressure to buy their products.

😁

I remember a really funny post on here sometime ago about wearing the right bra for running in,.......I think it was by our McFitty

1 like

Ha ha, yes that was "Gait Analysis: 3 things I've learned... Lord I can't believe that was a year ago!

Hay McFitty! How are you doing? Happy New Year!

Yes I thought it was one of your posts....really funny....here is a link incase anyone wants a good laugh 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

You may also like...