Week 3 run 8 - sleep-deprived but the sunset was inspirational!

Week 3 run 8 - sleep-deprived but the sunset was inspirational!

A series of ridiculously late nights this week, trying to meet self-imposed project deadlines meant this run (on friday) was the hardest by far. Not the actual running if it - just the effort of getting out of the door in a state of mental exhaustion. Luckily the weather was mild, calm, and the sunset was jaw-dropping. During the 5-minute walking warmup I had to keep stopping to take photos. Meanwhile, thousands of geese were flying overhead in impressive wave after impressive wave. I received a small "gift" from one of them on my fluorescent fleece :) It was all so uplifting that I was in a thoroughly good mood for the running intervals, and really enjoyed myself, despite needing my headtorch to see where I was going. Next run due Christmas Day and the forecast is continuous rain. Merry Christmas everyone!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Beautiful photo. Congrats on getting out there, it really is the answer sometimes. And a "lucky" gift from above 😀 what more could you want 😄

Hove a lovely Christmas.

• That sunset is definitely jaw-dropping... I am only slightly envious 😬 ... and so kind of the goose too 😆

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and very happy running 🤗

• Oh my... glorious!!!

You may also like...