Couch to 5K
62,315 members95,074 posts

Bring on week 6 !

Smashed through week 5 run 3 last night cannot believe i run for 20 minutes.I started to feel a stitch after 10 mins but thought i am half way there just keep going ! Dont know if its the same for everyone but my legs always cope fine its my breathing/lungs that i seem the hardest bit, once they have warned up and got a pattern i am fine, not sure if its the cold air or the fact i am an ex smoker ?

Anyway thankyou all those running buddies and your great replies of encouragement. It was very much appreciated. Any tips for week 6 guys ?

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Week 6 run 1 can catch some people (me included) by surprise. It’s longer than it looks. Just two ten minute runs, but walking as well, so make sure you are well rested. Im still waiting to complete week 6 myself thanks to the weather.

Yes i read your post ( running at home) it was great ! Thanks for your advice and yes i was underestimating the next challenge so your wise words are much appreciated!

1 like

Yep..one foot in front of the other, but steady and slow:) You are ready for it, but take it gently..let your new running legs begin to find their happy pace...start slow and stay slow.. relax and enjoy, as the runs get longer:)

Great words of advice. Thankyou so much !

1 like

Wow excellent well done 😊

1 like

You may also like...