Couch to 5K
55,016 members87,563 posts

London Santa Run Graduation 🎅

London Santa Run Graduation 🎅

Hi friends, arrived at Victoria Park in horrible fine rain, to do my Santa Run. Blimey, talk about a lorra lorra Santa’s 😳 There’s were hundreds, seen nothing like. Anyway after changing in the portaloos, we headed to the baggage drop tent.....chaos, the queue was a mile long. We waited and thought we were going to miss the start until someone split the queue and half went to another tent.

After that we had no time to warm up and ended up in the starting queue jogging on the spot and doing stretches.

Eventually got away, often dodging the walkers, dogs and pushchairs 🙄

Once into my stride, I was really enjoying it keeping slow and steady. I couldn’t believe how quick it went and my brother, seeing how comfortable I looked, wanted me to join him on the 10K. I declined even though I felt I could go on 😊

This was what I call graduating in style, it was great fun and am definitely doing 10K next year! 🎅

Thank you for all your support guys, I couldn’t have done it without you 😊

35 Replies
oldestnewest

Huge congratulations... very well done you... Ho, ho, ho!!

And, because you have been such a good boy.. I have a badge for you...click on the link!

What link oldfloss? 🙄

Hi Oldfloss, I don't see the link...I want my badge, I've earned it! lol

1 like

Well done Ted.

Wishing you many more years of happy running.

Keep running, keep smiling.

1 like

Thanks Tim, not sure about many years though 😳 I’ll continue as long as I’m able 😊

1 like

What a brilliant way to graduate :-)

1 like

What a brilliant way to graduate. Well done to you and all the other Santas.

1 like

Cracking stuff well done you, Santas everywhere - they were on a bike ride yesterday. Make sure you get that nice shiny jingle bell graduation badge

Thanks Jan, it was a great day.

Next for me is a 🏍 toy run 😊

1 like

Fantastic job Ted. Any small children will be VERY confused by the plethora of santa's. Great cause too.

Click on the tagged posts (on the right of the screen on a laptop) for November Graduation and ask Floss to give you a graduate badge- you deserve it :)

1 like

Thanks Helen, oldfloss asked me to ‘click on the link’ to get my badge but no link there.....I am on my phone though!

Fantastic! Congratulations!

Well done Ted! And talk about graduating in style - brilliant work. Wishing you lots more happy running in the future.

Thank you Helene, 10K next 🏃🏃😊

Well done, absolutely brilliant mate, ho ho ho

Thanks Chris, ‘twas great fun. Gods luck in yours this week 😊🏃🏃

1 like

Well done & huge congratulations on your graduation what a brilliant run to graduate on 🏃🎅🏻🏃🎉🎓

Thank you, had a great run 🏃🏃🏃😊

Well done, Ted; you’ve certainly graduated in style👨‍🎓 🎅👍🏻⭐️ by raising loads for charity and your sis would be so proud of you. Looking forward to seeing that shiny graduate’s badge 🥇 by your name. You absolutely nailed it 🎓 Keep posting on your progress towards your next challenge, the 10k - I know you’ll do it x

Thanks Angela. I’ll be watching your progress now, you’ll absolutely smash it 😘

Congratulations :) What an inspiration!

1 like

Thank you 🎅😊

What a wonderful graduation run! Great pics; love the festive cheer!

Thank you 🎅😊

Fabulous Ted, well done on your graduation run! And for a great cause, too. I'm sure that your sister would have been very proud of you. I am. 😀You have run C25k with style, sir. 👏👏👏

Happy graduation and well done!

Sadie-runs 😘

Thank you Sadie, I appreciate that. Absolutely enjoyed it 😘

On to 10K training in a couple of weeks 🏃🏃🏃😊

1 like

That's brilliant and what a fantastic way to complete your graduation run 🥇🏆

Ted! Amazing Santa-ness! You did your sister proud I'm sure. So glad you enjoyed it & graduated too - keep us posted on your progress to 10k. Thank you for all your support along the way, means so much x

Why, thank you Jenny, really enjoyed the day. I’m giving it a couple of weeks of consolidation before going for 10K....I’ll keep you posted 😊

1 like

Whoop whoop fantastic well done you great photos looks like you had a great day congratulations on your graduation so well deserved👍🏃🏃👨‍🎓👏👏👏👏👏👏

Thanks WTR, ‘twas a great day out 🎅😊

1 like

Fantastic! What a great way to graduate. 🎉🎉🎉😄

1 like

Brilliant Ted - well done to you! 🏃🏅👍

Thank you 😊

You may also like...