Couch to 5K
54,966 members87,504 posts

I did it! I ran Wk9Run3 in my first Parkrun 😁

I did it! I ran Wk9Run3 in my first Parkrun 😁

Well, here I am, 7 hours after finishing C25K AND completing my first Parkrun, and I'm still buzzing like the buzziest buzzy thing EVER! I was a bit disappointed that I had my first attempt at Run3 cut short on Thursday, but as ChrisAllen1 said, it felt amazing completing in on my first Parkrun! The whole thing was just amazing, I kept my pace, my breathing was perfect, and I managed to stay just slightly ahead of the 35 minute pace runner! I can't begin to say just how grateful I am to my Stepdad for being my C25K running buddy, for running with me today and therefore significantly altering his own Parkrun stats, and to everyone on here who has given me advice, encouragement and inspiration to get to where I am now from the start of the programme! I am still in disbelief that I have achieved this in such a short time having never run before! Thank you C25K, I love you! ❤🏃

P.S. Oldfloss, please can I have my graduate badge? X

32 Replies
oldestnewest

WTG Snodi, a well deserved achievement, the effort you have put in and the enthusiasm you have shared with the forum is a wonderful example of how C25K should be done.

I’m stalled on week 7 at the moment, bad back has stopped play for now, but your achievements gives me motivation to carry on when I am fit and well.

Congrats on your graduation... 10k next?

4 likes

Thanks Tony! Sorry to hear you're out of action atm, hope you are up and running (literally!) soon 😊 Definitely going to move onto 10k now, it'd be rude not to 😉 x

1 like

Well done you!! Click on the link :)

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

1 like

Thank you so much x

Well done! That is brilliant and it comes across in your message just how elated you are 😀 fantastic 😀

2 likes

Thank you! X

Oh Well done Snodi that's a great time for your first Parkrun 😊

Congratulations on Graduating the program too🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

What a great start to your weekend. Enjoy your celebrations and thanks to your Stepdad for supporting you.👏👏👏👏👏

Happy running Graduate 😊x

1 like

Thank you so much x

1 like

Congratulations, fellow runner and graduate.

So glad you enjoyed parkrun. It is a brilliant experience.

The world is your running track......

Enjoy it.

1 like

Thank you, and also huge thanks for all your advice! 😀 Can't wait to pound the streets some more!

1 like

Absolutely brilliant well done on your 1st park run and your awesome graduation 🏆🍾🥇

1 like

Thank you! X

Woohooo. Go you! 🏅🎖🥇

1 like

Thank you! X

1 like

Very well done

1 like

Thank you! 😀

1 like

Fantastic time!! Very well done to you, park run on your last run is living the dream!! :)

1 like

Thank you 😀

Congratulations graduate 🎓🏅🏃🏻‍♀️

1 like

Thank you x

Wow well done🏃🏻‍♀️🎓🍾🎉so many achievements! Graduation, first park run & what an amazing time👍you are a ⭐️ enjoy your new running career😊

1 like

Thank you!

Well done Claire, sorry I missed this yesterday, up in Edinburgh enjoying myself!!! a brilliant achievement and well done you, I feel you have been a long distance running buddy over the last few weeks. Well done again and keep it up.😁

1 like

Thanks Chris! Hope you had a good time in Edinburgh, great place! Looking forward to hearing about your last two runs and seeing that Graduate badge appear next to your name! Aiming for my graduate10 badge now 😁

1 like

That's an amazing time! Well done you, I bet you're still smiling. Did you get to do a warm

up walk or did you run from the off? still trying to work out how to play it!) ☺

1 like

Thank you! I did a warm up walk, yes, and you're right, still smiling 😂

1 like

I wasn't sure whether to do warm up walk before the Park run started or start, walk, then run! Keep smiling ☺

1 like

We all had to walk from our initial meeting point, next to the finish line, to the starting point, so I used that 😆

1 like

Great job! CONGRATULATIONS! your hard work has surely paid off! Be proud!

1 like

Thank you! 😀

Look at that lovely badge - and your first Parkrun too! What a weekend! Congratulations. My son also did his first Parkrun on Saturday - what a great day for a run. Very well done.

1 like

Thank you! Looking forward to doing a Christmas Day and New Year's Day Parkrun now I know I can do it! 😀

You may also like...