Hello lm back !!๐Ÿ˜€

Well what a day woke up at 5.30 couldnโ€™t get back to sleep got up and got moving dogs out ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ and fed they both went back to sleep ๐Ÿ˜. Numerous trip to the bathroom for goodness sake women sort your self out. My nearest park run is a 52 mile round trip over the mountains and weather was bleak on the top thick fog๐ŸŒซ but l got there with time to spare. Only 49 runners/ walkers. The conditions were not great very muddy in places and quite sodden with water. It was mixed terrain grass and tarmac but mainly grass. It wasnโ€™t flat but had inclines of quite long stretches.

I was right at the back and decided to put MJ on W9. We set off and before l knew it l lost site of everyone else as l briskly walked for 5 trying to avoid the boggy areas then l started running but by then they had all disappeared ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜” so it was just me and the tail walkers but they kept a respectful distance. So l just ran on my own as usual. The incline was hard but l was determined to run it and not give in and walk little did l know at that point l had to do it twice ๐Ÿ˜‚ at half way l was passed by 2 young men finishing in 20 mins ๐Ÿ˜œ. I kept at it and then came the hill again but this time l fast walked it as l wanted to run the the rest of the way once at the top of the hill. So l finished last with a time of ๐Ÿฅ 53.58 all the other runner all bar a few had left done there Saturday shop gone for coffee and cake before l got back ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

Do l care hell no!! ๐Ÿ˜„

Very emotional run at the end that l had achieved what l had set out to do burst in to tears 6 or so Marshallโ€™s were clapping and cheering ME.

Did l enjoy it !! At the time debatable๐Ÿค” on reflection yes l did.

Am l going to do it again yes ๐Ÿ‘ although distance means realistically only once a month and may try another although itโ€™s even further away.

Thank you every one who has offered support in the last 24 hrs and replied you are truly a wonderful running family and l feel blessed shattered but blessed. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜˜โค๏ธ

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

20 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Go you.. slow and steady and simply AWESOME!!!!!

• Thank You you were with me most of the way โ€œslow and steady โ€œkept saying it when l had to dig deep but l wasnโ€™t giving up ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘

• WOOOW What incredible determination! So so well done on such uneven ground!

• Than you yes l wasnโ€™t prepared for that l have only run on the road at home solid and dependable however this was none of those!! and not wanting to risk injury it slowed me down. ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘happy running

• Well done! I thought your post was really funny and I loved it! You have amazing determination well done again! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• I was determined to see it through l followed the program to the letter and this was going to be no different. I usually give up at the first huddle but l have seen the program through and loved it the rewards for me have been many. Thank You happy running ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Huge congratulations to you on this fantastic achievement... well done!! And my goodness that is a very long way to drive. I am not sure I would trek that distance, that shows grit!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• โ€˜โ€˜Twas either that or a run up Snowdon ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿคช

• Many thanks this was a very real mental challenge as well as a physical challenge. Seeing everyone else disappear and being a loan runner was tough call and l had to dig very deep at times. Giving up was not an option I would like to may be try and go once a month or so just to see my progress and itโ€™s all a learning curve. X

• Grrrreat WTR, love the devil-may-care attitude. You enjoyed it, thatโ€™s all that matters! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Yeh was great thanks hope the Santa run goes well. ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿƒ

• Congratulations. Hope this is the first of many Parkrun for you.

• Well done, a great run.

A slow 5k is as far as a fast 5k! You did a great job!

• Wow!! Good on you a great inspirational post & im definitely going to get to a parkrun before the year is out & thats after this post as I keep putting it off as still not reached the 5km all running!! Im a slow & steady person too & we should all be so proud we are out there doing something we always wanted to do Running ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ. I really believed i just wasnโ€™t able to run until i found c25k & all you lovely people on here๐Ÿ˜Š

• Thank you the support on here is truly amazing keep at it. Will hope fully repeat 23/12 weather willing and lessons learnt. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Good for you i might make that run too๐Ÿ˜‰

• Thatโ€™s a date ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ˜‚

• Good idea๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘Santa hats too๐Ÿ˜‚

• ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘

• Congratulations! 5K is 5K & you did it, I completely understand that would be emotional โ˜บโ˜บ

You may also like...