Week 5 Run 3

Hi, just joined this group to get hints and tips to keep me going. I am doing the programme in the gym on a treadmill as I work full time and don’t fancy running alone in the dark after work. I was dreading this run but yay I did it, even though it was at a slower pace than usual and I am so proud of myself. Yesterday was my 54th birthday and I have suffered with Ulcerative Colitis for 20+ years and exercise is so alien to me. So to anyone who thinks they can’t do it - yes you can. Keep going, you’ll get there

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Welcome !! And congratulations for getting this far ! It doesn’t matter where you run, I had to do treadmill a couple of times when working away, but I also love running outdoors. That’s something you can look forward to later !! Enjoy and keep going !!

• I have done some treadmill runs and some outside runs... such a difference in the two but I am really enjoying varying it... maybe in the spring/ summer you can switch it up when the mornings and evenings are lighter 😊 Keep going 😁

• Well done.

Over half way now, but keep it nice and steady.

• Yay, well done! I’m just about to start week 5. Looks intimidating. Wish me luck 😆

• Good luck, you can do this 🤓

You may also like...