Couch to 5K
62,431 members95,239 posts

Legs Eleven Makes Perfect

Decided to go long yesterday and managed 11.5km it wasn’t fast, it wasn’t and I wasn’t pretty, but it was done...

Full report here

jancanrun.com/2017/11/21/no...

But big upside if anyone wonders about the benefits of running, my blood pressure is down and my doctor said yesterday it’s now perfect.

Who knew running could give you perfect blood pressure? I am taking that as a win and going out for a celebratory cocktail...

Am thinking Miss Moneypenny or a Raspberry Bellini 🍹

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Great blog and cool playlist. The main thing to point out about that run isn't the distance or pace or lack of prettiness etc but the fact that you kept running for almost 90 minutes! That's stupendous!! 30 minutes was a fireworks and a rousing chorus from a choir of angels not so long ago! ;0)

Big up to you mam!!

2 likes

You know I hadn’t thought about the time...I can still recall the horror of 90 seconds of running. So obviously I wasn’t looking for the fireworks etc., but you’re right 90 Minutes is an achievement. Btw opted for Champagne instead.🥂

2 likes

That's a long way Jancan! Very well done :)

1 like

Thanks it felt like it, but one glass of champagne later the pain has faded...

Ah that magic medicine 🍾

1 like

OMG I am in awe. 11.5k that's amazing. I have never gone beyond 5 so hats off to you. Well done you. 😊

1 like

Thanks it felt good afterwards, but my it was hard at the time.....

1 like

11.5k, that's bloody marvellous, is there such a thing as distance envy?

Ah but I paid for it the next day - I got twangy leg....

1 like

I would give anything for a bit of twangy leg at the moment, I'm having great difficulty getting out there for a run.

I saw your post ... too much to do and not enough hours in the day! But you’ll find a way I am sure

1 like

Ooh choices choices??

Mine would def be Raspberry Bellini!!

Distance envy here too, 11.5km, I'm still sitting around 5-7k at a slower pace than when I did the programme!!

Yes but its really hard going faster when you go longer! So I think you're doing fab!

1 like

Wow, that is impressive 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

1 like

Thanks

You may also like...