Couch to 5K
65,181 members98,482 posts

Salvation army Christmas dinner run!

Hi all, in years past the salvation army advertised the cost of providing a homeless person with a Christmas dinner, been trying to find out this cost but as yet to no avail ( I have now emailed the sally to ask)

OK well as yet the furthest I have run is 7k (today) but what I am thinking is that once I find out the cost of a dinner I am going to run my own 10k Christmas dinner run and get a few local folk to sponsor me the cost of a dinner

I am wondering if a few of you would fancy doing this yourselves or even 5k, just think how many Christmas dinners we could provide.

Of course this would be a virtual run with no medals or tee shirts etc BUT you would have the pleasure of knowing you've helped

thanks in advance , rolysmate, aka pocket rocket aka Paul John Walker

12 Replies
oldestnewest

How exactly does it work? X

1 like

I will set myself a date and ask a number of local folk/business to sponsor me for doing that run, I'll ask them to sponsor to the cost of providing a dinner.

A number of people have already pledged to sponsor me and then I amount raised I will forward to the salvation army.

I just think anything we can do as individuals to help can't be a bad thing and it's motivation to run

2 likes

Hiya I’ve signed up for the Christmas snowflake virtual 5k in which the profit enables one homeless person to eat a Xmas meal . It’s not much but a little touch . Good luck x

3 likes

no that's fantastic, well done

3 likes

What a fantastic idea, count me in, keep us posted on the details.

2 likes

will do

2 likes

What a lovely idea 😀

2 likes

I was brought up in the Salvation Army...& proud of that x

3 likes

So you should be Mummy cav - I am endlessly impressed by them. 😀

2 likes

So you should be Mummycav, I am endlessly impressed by them. 😃

2 likes

Ha, technology fail - but a good thing to say twice!!😃