Couch to 5K
54,726 members87,231 posts

I Have done it ! WK9R3 😃

So so happy after Friday’s bad bad second 30minute run when my breathing would not cooperate I had given up hope of finishing this week but today i thought damn you lungs you will do it! At 5 minutes they were screaming STOP ! At 10 they were shouting WHAT ARE YOU DOING ICANT COPE ! I am happy to say I ignored them and at 15 minutes I was happy to hear the half way bell 😀 ! Well I would just like to say not only did I crack 3 runs of 30 minutes but I also cracked 3.1 miles 😊 . 9 weeks a go I never thought that I could do this at 52 and with asthma but I have and I would just like to say to all of those out there that doubted me I TOLD YOU I WOULD DO IT and I proved them wrong , also to all of those out there struggling and thinking they can’t do this YOU CAN there are hard days and runs that seem impossible but with a little believe , perseverance and lots of music it is possible and I am testimony to that . I will continue this journey so watch this space and also good luck to everyone on their own journey 😊

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Fantastic! Well done

Thankyou 😃

Congratulations 👏👏👏👏 very well done

1 like

Thankyou 😊

1 like

Brilliant! Well done to you!! 🏃🏽‍♀️🏅👍

1 like

Congratulations and well done, onwards and upwards

1 like

Well done.

Many congratulations fellow runner.

Now you are a graduate you need to take on board that 80% of your running should be at an easy pace, which is when your body builds beneficial adaptations, not when pushing really hard, as you were today.

I was exactly the same at your stage, but slow and steady is scientifically proven to be the best way to progress.

Keep running keep smiling.

1 like

Brilliant! Well done!

1 like

Congratulations!! 🥇👍🏻

1 like

That is truly awesome. Huge congratulations on your graduation run 🍾🏆🥇

1 like

Congratulations Neezy😊..🎉🎉🎉🎉

You Well and Truly nailed that Graduation run👏👏👏👏👏

You will go on to acheive much more I'm sure and we will be watching and cheering you on.😊x

1 like

Congtatulations. Best feeling in the world x

You may also like...