Couch to 5K
60,232 members92,891 posts

#justoneruntogo #feellikeajogger #igotthisgig

Well it’s been a couple of weeks since my last post and nothing has changed thankfully 😅 I’m still plodding away 🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️ and I’m still enjoying myself.

My body is aching all over (I’m doing some extra stretching) but I’m still happy.

I did my second to last run yesterday and wondered how long it would actually take me to get to 5k as I’m no speedy, plodding is my set speed for the moment. As I had the day off work and there was nothing to do that couldn’t wait I decided to plod on. I reached the 5k mark in 53 minutes which includes my 5 min warm up. I have proved to myself that I can not only run for 30mins I can run for 53. Who on earth would of thought I could of achieved this at the beginning. Week 1 was hard for me I have to tell you.

Listening to the wise words of everybody on here is what helps us all to be successful, going slow is key, and if you’re tired don’t stop just slow it down some more. That’s what I’ve read a hundred times and that’s what I do because it all makes sense, it’s the only way to keep moving forward.

I see a future park run in sight for me, I’ve already been checking out the local area. We have several 👍🏽 another thing for me to get excited about 😁

Anyway one more run to do before graduation 👨‍🎓 think I will give myself a couple of days for recovery.

Thank you to you all and keep on plodding 😂😂😂😂

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Great post...your leg is half way up on the podium now!!! 53 minutes is absolutely AMAZING!!! How on earth did you manage that??!!! Flipping heck, there’ll be no stopping you when you get that badge on!!! I’ll be looking out for your post, & yes, an extra days rest after 53 mins is a good idea, then you’ll have the BIGGEST smile on your face as you complete your last run..the fizz is chilling...😉

2 likes

Thank you mummycav109, I have that podium in my sights 😂 and yes I will have a great big grin from ear to ear. 😁

1 like

And rightly so 😉

1 like

Like you I have one left to do to complete my journey. Also looking at park runs, I have two very close a third quite close and others a shirt distance away. The only problem I have is I am not sure when I will be able to do the third run, it should be tomorrow but an early start to London throws that out so it may be Friday, if not deffo Saturday. Good luck On On

2 likes

Good luck to you too dapsmith281. We’ve come this far, that last run will be done when it’s done 😆 no matter when I think we will both have that “proud as punch” feeling. I’m also aiming for Friday but we will see 🙃. Best of luck and park runs here we come 🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️. I wish my lady runner would run the other way, I feel like she’s going backwards and I’m certainly not going backwards 😂😂😂

1 like

Getting my glittery tIghts on for Friday's 'Congradulations' partay!😆

1 like

You may also like...