Couch to 5K
53,050 members85,139 posts

It's smug grin time - Cheers!

It's smug grin time - Cheers!

Graduation run this morning, Woo Hoo! I'm so proud of myself for making it!

I'd had to delay for a couple of days, as when I woke up on Sunday, which was to have been run day, I had an inexplicably sore hip - no way was I running! I went to my regular exercise class on Monday, took it easy, modified some of the exercises, and told the instructor that I was going to stop if my hip was not feeling right. Thankfully though, all was fine, and I felt good to go this morning! I took it slowly, no PBs today, but I know they'll come.

The last 10 minutes were tough, but I thought of all of your names and advice, and recalled snippets of your wonderful posts, and I knew I would do it! The last song on my shuffled playlist was "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough"... and I didn't!

Looking forward now to consolidating 30 minutes and building to 5K, and wondering where my running journey will take me. Thanks, gang, for your support and encouragement along the way - what a great team! 😄😄😄

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Congratulations graduate! Well done on listening to your body.

🏅🎓⭐️

2 likes

Fantastic!!! Well done you!

1 like

Well done, many congratulations. 🏅🏅🏅

2 likes

Congratulations and well done it's a great feeling after all those weeks of training

2 likes

Thanks! It sure is!

Well done on your graduation, too 😄

Excellent. I managed it this morning too. Great feeling. 👍

2 likes

Well done you too!

Yay well done 😀 x

Yay!! congratulations

Very, very well done.. Happy runner.. happy GRADUATE!!

Slow and steady as you head on.. and, we will be right there with you x

2 likes

Whey heyyyyyy fantastic ... huge congratulations and bask in the buzz and glory 🥂🏃‍♀️🥂🏃‍♀️🥂🏃‍♀️

1 like

Whoop whoop 🎉🎉🎉Congratulations Indigogirl😊

Well done on your Graduation run.

You have a good plan in place to consolidate the 30 mins and maybe try the c25k + podcasts to get you up to 5k.

Happy running wearing your shiny new badge 😊x

1 like

You may also like...