Iโ€™m interested to know whereโ€™s everyone from ? Is it ok to ask ๐Ÿ˜„

Iv really enjoyed being part of C25k, just starting wk 2 !

Lots of people giving support and advise such a good atmosphere- but I thought to myself I donโ€™t know how far in the world anyone is from ?๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚

So Iโ€™m from Liverpool living in Formby in the north west of England and Iโ€™m glad am on a rest day tonight because we are getting blown away by the Ophelia storm ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’จ

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

245 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Born in Kent living in Essex nothing glamorous iโ€™m afraid

• Iv never been to Kent , Iโ€™m sure you will have some nice places though โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘

So where do you do your running ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป?

• I round round my village have 3,5 & 10 km routes which I have used a few times

• Hello! I'm a fellow North Westerner too. Born in Oldham now living way way oop North in the Highlands of Scotland!

• Sounds fab ๐Ÿ‘ are your runs hilly or flat ๐Ÿ˜œ

• Found a flat route luckily....then I'll tackle the hills.๐Ÿ˜‚

• Coincidence ive a friend from saddleworth moving up to fort william in a couple of weeks.

• From Oldham too!

• Born and bred in Stalybridge, lived there for first 29 years of my life but been in South West, Swindon, for past 30+years.

• We have contributors here from every continent..........we are worldwide and all the better for it........so bear in mind, if you complain about the wet winter weather, somebody, somewhere is having to run in tropical, if not equatorial heat.

Glorious Mid Devon is my home patch and we had Ophelia- lite.

• Devon sounds a lovely place ๐Ÿ‘

• Sure is.

• I live in East Devon although grew up in Wales (hence the name!) :)

• I love wales ๐Ÿ‘

• Love Wales. :)

• Manchester born, now live in Salford area.

• It will be a blowy night for you aswell I would imagine ๐Ÿ˜‰ not to far from us

• North east (windy) UK coast here but a lovely promenade for runs when feeling brave (treadmill sometimes if not or too windy) Ophelia not really hit us (yet?)

• Lucky you having a promenade ๐Ÿ˜œ iv not tried a treadmill yet , but will do when the real bad weather starts

• Tbh I think treadmill is kinder and easier but itโ€™s also boring unless you can find a good distraction-I tend to put BBC iPlayer on and watch catch up ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

• I'm from Essex - on the outskirts of London. I live on a very long road and just run up and down it, and on the way back I pop into my mum's for brekkie!

• Sounds a good idea ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜„

• I'm from the north west of England too. You've got some lovely beach runs in Formby, maybe not in this weather!

• We certain have but itโ€™s dark not long after I get home from work , can only go of a wโ€™end this time of year unfortunately , but lovely In the summer ๐Ÿ‘

• USA! The Southern Portion! :)

• A long way from me ๐Ÿ˜† we certainly do have people from far and wide on this site ๐Ÿ‘

• Yes! It is amazing how the internet works and allows us to communicate with people around the world!!! I love it!

• South Yorkshire x

• East Yorkshire,

• Ey up...West Yorkshire!!!

• While weโ€™re doing the Yorkshires, Iโ€™m in North Yorkshire, just outside York. Grew up in Devon though and I long to return...

• Me too- both bits. Live near York, grew up in Torquay :)

• I grew up in Newton Abbot so weโ€™re virtually neighbours twice over!

• Oh and just to add to the coincidences, my โ€˜realโ€™ name is Helen too.

• And we both run too ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Donโ€™t we just?!

• Lol...thatโ€™s every corner!!

• Redditch, Worcestershire . Run around a lake in a park called Arrow Valley. Beautiful at 7 am when I run ๐Ÿƒ

• Wish I could be a morning person but Iโ€™m hopeless ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

• Didnโ€™t think I would be a morning person either Vonhorn , never in a million years! Started the program on dark, cold and rainy nights, much prefer mornings and it sets me up for the day I feel. After a good run like last Friday I was boingy all day!!!

• I will set my alarm one morning and see how I get on ๐Ÿ‘

• Boingy all day lovely description...zebadee showing my age now?

• Sarf London, mate. Innit.

• Midlands, border of Staffordshire and Derbyshire. Or as folk in .....Landan would say..... northerner.....but actually i live right in the centre of the country, as far away from the sea as its gets....... and its hilly everywhere here, but embrace them there hills folks!

• Running hills ! You must be very fit ๐Ÿ‘

• Its run hills or dont run at all. Hill running is terrific training, you can run any route if you will take on a hill!

But no,I m not super fit sadly

• Somerset-shire... On the levels... they get very soggy in the winter!

• Iโ€™m in the hilly bit. Iโ€™m sure most of the water runs downstream to you, but it leaves it incredibly muddy up here too!

• Isle of Wight-ish... now Sarf London .... oh, who am I kidding, I live in Croydon.

• ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

• I lived in Croydon for a while :) great memories of it. Had a lot of aquaintinces among the shopkeepers and so forth. I found it a congenial place tbph. :)

• I love it! Not everyone does.

• Ha ha ha! I'm not far from you - am in Beckenham, Ickle. (For everyone else, this is Kent/London borders).

• Hi Iโ€™m from Bury ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Armagh,Norn Ireland ๐Ÿ˜Š

The orchard county of Ireland .

Ophelia is on her way ... hopefully not as strong as we've had it ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ

• Reports say Ireland have had it bad ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ hope you havenโ€™t had to much damage

• Southern Ireland hit very hard , not as bad by the time it reached the North ๐Ÿ™ˆ

At least the country was prepared.... all schools closed ,most businesses closed!!

We had that eerie sky too !!

Batten the hatches ๐Ÿ’จ

• Oxfordshire - where Ophelia turned the sky orange this lunchtime

• Our sky this morn where very dark and misty ! Then a big orange glow behind clouds , very weird then the afternoon was lovely and bright

• It was really weird - as was the really warm wind!

• The sky was amazing ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• I thought it was more purple-grey :P at least in Kidlington ;)

• Carrickfergus, Norn Ireland! Battled against Ophelia on a short run tonight, but she very obligingly blew me home on the return leg.

• ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

• Well Iโ€™m from Ickeyland, as I call it affectionately. Youโ€™ll find it in the atlas under Iceland.

• I imagine it to be freezing all the time , is this right ?sorry about my ignorance ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

• It's not as bad as the name suggests. Where I am we haven't had any overnight frost yet, though it could happen almost any night now if the sky is clear. Most trouble at the moment is lots of wet dead leaves under foot, which can make for slippery going.

• Not good for running ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

• We all have our problems

• Will probably be in Reykjavik in May! Never been before so not sure what to expect - what would you regard as the one must-see there that is not necessarily in the tourist books? :)

• I think that the answer to that depends on your interests/focus.

Would that be primarily food/drink/partying, Icelandic culture and language, Bjรถrk & Sigur Rรณs, museums & galleries, nature & hiking, whale-watching โ€ฆ ?

• Which type of whales do you get up there. Ive an ambition to travel to see each type. So love to see them wild

• Iโ€™m sorry that I canโ€™t help you there โ€“ thatโ€™s outside my experience. But a website says that โ€œAround Iceland there are more than 20 different species of cetacean that frequent the waters. The species seen regularly on whale watching tours include minke, fin, blue, humpback, sperm and killer whales, white-beaked dolphins and harbour porpoises...โ€

icewhale.is/whales-around-i...

• ooohhhh icelands definitely on the list then

• I like the unusual. The kind of things and places tourists don't bother with but the locals appreciate :)

• I would answer: donโ€™t be a sheep! If there are ten thousand people doing something โ€“ go the other way. Try as many different swimming pools as possible (you donโ€™t actually need to swim if thatโ€™s not your thing; you can just chill in the hot tubs, but do please get to know and respect our habits regarding personal hygiene). Regarding the Blue Lagoon โ€“ if there are already ten thousand people there, thatโ€™s a sign โ€ฆ Explore Hafnarfjรถrรฐur (part of the capital conurbation, about 12/15 minutes south of Reykjavรญk); itโ€™s got more individuality, and far fewer of the ten thousand people that youโ€™re going to be avoiding go there. Thereโ€™s a lovely small garden there (Hellisgerรฐi) and several very good coffee shops. Visit the Reykjavรญk botanical gardens (Grasagarรฐur Reykjavรญkur).

• I just remembered โ€“ outside the capital area : the folk museum at Skรณgar and the volcanic museum at Stykkishรณlm are unostentatious, idiosyncratic and curious. Also Iโ€™m told (but have no personal experience) that the geothermal energy exhibition at Hellisheiรฐi and the lava exhibition at Hvolsvรถllur (http://lavacentre.is/) are very good.

• This is wonderful information to have Big D, many thanks :) Will certainly build our day around this in May, thank you :)

• I am sure its not realy ickey.

Do you get to see northern lights where you are?

• Oh yes, often.

Tomorrow night looks promising ...

en.vedur.is/weather/forecas...

• From Worcestershire but live in the South East, and currently on holiday in sunny southern Italy! I packed my run gear....

• You lucky devil , happy running ๐Ÿ‘

• Iโ€™m from Navan in Ireland. About 30 mins north of Dublin. Sitting in tonight, last of the Storm still howling outside. Rest day beside the fire.

• Best to stay in safe and warm ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘

• Still howling here too!

• Hi there, damienair. I've been hearing very positive things about Dublin recently. Iโ€™m now hoping to visit next year :-)

• You will be made most welcome. Dublin is a great City. Great Atmosphere, great bars and Restaurants. You will enjoy Dublin.

• Love Dublin, my favourite city in the world. My mum was from there. I live in Paris but dream of moving to Dublin one day.

• And if you like the unusual - visit St. Michans there ;)

• To see the folk beneath the floor ?

• Yep :) Another place that's kinda fun is the "Dead Zoo". The Museum of Natural History - a real relic from the past. Get there before the PC crowd shut it down ;)

• A village on the outskirts of Norwich (that's Norfolk) the bit that juts out in the east ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Fellow east anglian! - I'm in Suffolk.

• Me too, from the most Easterly point of the country.

• Hooray! Finally the Norfolk/Suffolk contingent. We're moving to Norfolk soon (3 weeks time, hopefully).

• Welcome to the area.

• Aah! I run the Lowestoft Parkrun every Saturday!

• Sadly that will be a bit far for me or we could be running buddies! I think our nearest park run will be Thetford Forest where I believe there are 2 in different areas of the forest. Will investigate. We haven't done any park runs yet but it's on our list for when we move. By the way, your name cracks me up lardofale!

• Shame but fair enough! Thetford Forest is enormous and very nice, sounds like you could have fun there. I came up with the name years ago when my frame was most kindly described as 'portly' and I like the odd pint or two!! The frame isn't like that anymore but the love of the grain is still very much in place!! Welcome to Norfolk, we're not quite as weird as the rest of the UK thinks!! ;0)

• Ever tried the Scores Run? Sounds brutal.

• Nope! I don't like running up my own stairs! That one would likely do me in!!

• I'm in the Hadleigh area - but love Lowestoft!

• Weald of Kent. Lucky to have lovely countryside to run in. Weird black sky colour earlier on this evening....

• I'm Kent too. We had our storm 30 year ago thankyou. You can keep Ophelia up north!

• North Hampshire Fleet massive.

• Camberley โ˜บ๏ธ

• Born in England but left when I was 6 months old as Dad was in RAF.

Lived all over until I was 16 and then I left school and joined the RAF at 16 1/2 and did 12 years so all over once again. Government gypsy if you like.

Always be an Englishman but left longer than I can remember and now live in the forests and countryside of Central Bohemia, Czech Republic.

• Wow you have centainly moved around, but I bet you have had an interesting life๐Ÿ˜œ

• Would make an interesting book.

Or possibly just a short pamphlet

• My Dad was in the RAF too so we moved all the time, but never went anywhere interesting. Just lived in pretty much any part of the UK that was flat enough to build a runway! Although I loved East Anglia.

• Ginger is it a beautiful place to visit

• I live in Dunblane in Perthshire. Imagine hills, wind and rain and thatโ€™s normal, not just because of todayโ€™s weather.

• I'm smackdab in the middle of the United States.

• I live in US West coast.

• From Ireland but now in American Midwest by way of Asia, Carribean, Central America and a few other locales (never could hold a job lol)

• Born in Cambridge, England, raised in Boulder, Colorado, now living in small town Sweden (and currently visiting the tiny village of Chama, New Mexico for the next few weeks). I left the US 23 years ago and spent 19 of those years in London... Who knows what I am.

• An embracer, thats what you are ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

• Ah, i visited Boulder Batteries once as a supplier. Can't remember much about it...

• Born in Northampton England. Grew up in Irchester Northamptonshire. Lived in Burton-on-Trent, then Harringay, then Hendon then Rugby. Moved to France in 2004. Currently live near Blois in the Loire valley and run along the north bank of the Loire 3 times per week.

• Oh Zev that really is just rubbing it in France is one of my most favourite places to visit i am jelous

• Hiya

I live in Phuket, Thailand ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ

I enjoy this program, it motivate me to be good at something that I wasnโ€™t even sure Iโ€™d be able to and just finish my week 6 yay ๐Ÿ˜€

• Well done ๐Ÿ‘

• Western Australia were the sun shines (except today, and yesterday and the day before...) โ˜”๏ธโšก๏ธ

• Hello! Good to see you online again!

• Dont tell me that. Your weather comes around to us in sa. ๐Ÿ˜ก

• Born in York. Now Sussex via Lincolnshire, Suffolk, Durham, Massachusetts, Osaka, Battersea, Hertfordshire, Cotswolds. Come to think of it, probably time to move....

• ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ good luck with your next move

• Iโ€™m from Nottingham and gonna do my first run of week 4๐Ÿ˜ฉ

• Good for you ๐Ÿ‘ hope it goes well ๐Ÿ˜„

• Iโ€™m from Nottingham and just about to start my wk 4 R1

• Wiltshire...close to Avebury stone circle and cherhill white horse . Although till tomorrow cyprus!

• I'm 15mins from Avebury towards Pewsey!

• Ah near enough neighbours then!!

• I live in Hermanus, Western Cape, South Africa, run at local parkrun, plenty of place to run, on the beach if the tide is out, mountain trails. Great place to see whales. You are all welcome to visit and join our parkrun. ๐Ÿ˜†

• Oh if only , sounds fantastic ๐Ÿ‘

• Woo tempting

• I saw whales at Hermanus- beautiful :)

• Glad to see another South African on here!

• I'm living near Rochdale and have a beautiful 3.5k lake to enjoy my runs ๐Ÿ˜

• Hollingworth? ๐Ÿ˜€

• Yes indeedy!๐Ÿ˜

• North Norfolk ,everyone thinks we are the flatlands but Iโ€™m managing to find a few slopes I didnโ€™t know were there! A lovely addition to my running thoughts is the the notion that somewhere in the world I will have a companion running and puffing alongside me on every run of these 9 weeks.

• Hi it is definitely not flat in Norfolk says the woman who changed her route and struggled to up a โ€œhillโ€ last week!

• Blackheath in SE London. Lucky to live 5 mins from Greenwich Park

• I was born in Wallasey on the Wirral but I now live on the border of north and West Yorkshire in a lovely market town called Otley. The lovely home town of the furniture maker Thomas Chippendale and also the cyclist Lizzie Armistead.

There's loads of places to run here both hilly and flat!

• Originally from Hartlepool, now live in Alton, Hampshire. Run around town or the local sports centre fields. Bob (partner) is South African by birth.

• Hey littlenell thatโ€™s were I from & still live (seaton) -doing my best to not look old as I run along the seafront!

Itโ€™s amazing how far flung everyone is and how many weโ€™ll travelled folks are doing this prog ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

• Hi LittleNell83 and Jaxxmal2 I am also from the NE & living in Hartlepool - aiming for the park run on the prom when I am good enough- too new atm.

• Hi Elfe5, nice to see another local person learning to run. Iโ€™ve just done week8 run2 on treadmill but last week was brave (or stupid!) and did park run along the prom.

It was great, such a supportive bunch, I did feel hopeless tho as I trundled in at the rear but again they were very supportive and said I did so well (I ran & walked cos Iโ€™ve never done 5K before). I also have some health issues so I do feel quite proud now that I did it.

I think you are probably sensible in waiting & others say leave it until after graduation!

Let me know when you feel ready and Iโ€™ll meet ya there if you want-I might do it again next week if I manage to graduate before then but then Iโ€™m away for 3 weeks so once you fancy giving it a go shout up if you fancy another new runner alongside you

Ps they never let you come โ€œlastโ€ as they have a back runner to ensure everyone is ok and he/she is then โ€œlastโ€ ๐Ÿ™ˆ

I canโ€™t say I like running (I do Zumba, yoga & Pilates and much prefer them) but I like the feeling of being fitter and in control of my health ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

• Hi, you have done really well. I will certainly be trundling slowly at the back when I get to the park run- but to manage that at all would be a huge achievement for me- I have never run before. I certainly enjoy the post run endorphins and am managing to enjoy bits of the running- but find Laura & music a good distraction when it's a struggle. But optimistically expecting all that to improve! Hope at the back of the Park run in about 5 weeks then ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• good on you! I've chatted to others on here and i now feel that i need to focus on graduation before i attempt anything "bigger" again so your attitude to slowly does it makes the best sense. hope to see you at a pre-Christmas park run along our breezy seafront!

• Lived in a lot of places over the last 40 years, but Pontefract, West Yorkshire, just now... Yorkshire born and bred though ... ๐Ÿ‘

• Hi I was born in Surrey grew up in the delights of the Norfolk broads and live now in Co Antrim ... after yesterday's all consuming day of weather I'm rather amused at being called a 'blow in'

All calm ish this morning but then I was lucky and my electric stayed with me ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒช๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป

• Great to see you here, it's a fantastic place to be! I live in Beccles, North East Suffolk but was born and dragged up in Norwich, Norfolk. We got the dust clouds and an eclipse style black out but no storm in the East!

• I'm teaching for the day in Beccles next week , what a nice place it looks but live in Lincs

• Cool! It's a very nice little town, I feel less guilty living in Suffolk (as a Norfolk lad) as it's only the width of the river away from Norfolk! Enjoy your day over, you might even catch a glimpse of my sweaty person plodding away if you're unlucky!

• Somerset

• Barnet girl, born and bed. Have spent the last 25 years in Potters Bar in Herts but moving to the heart of Norfolk soon, just a little south from Dereham. Really looking forward!!

• Good luck with your move ๐Ÿ˜„

• Eek! Just realised I typed "born and bed" instead of "born and bred". Well, you knew what I meant (and I guess both are true anyway!)

• I live in Give, Scotland and am lucky to have a flat prom to run that's a mile long. Once I get to the longer runs I also have a flat & hilly park to tackle. Our local park run is held there. My goal is to be fit enough to take part. Enjoy your journey.

• Great question! Interesting to see where everyone is from. I live in Chicago :)

• Fab post itโ€™s been fun seeing where everyone is ๐Ÿ˜€. Iโ€™m in South Shields on the north east coast and have lots of lovely scenic runs which inspire and spur me on if Iโ€™m not feeling quite up to it.

• Live in the lovely Chiltens west of London. Love running through the trees on a crisp sunny Autumn Day! Not sure it will be the same on a soggy wet winters day!

• Hiya, I am from Port Talbot in South Wales ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

• I have a dream that someday I can retire to Wales :)

• Wolverhampton - Luckily dont have the dodgy accent, and strangely im the only one i see running, yet im the only one not in a tracksuit!!

• ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

• And... I'm in Perth, Scotland. Though originally from Australia (near Melbourne). And for what it's worth (because someone always asks!) - yes I do like the Scottish weather - I'd rather it be cold than sweltering hot! :P

• Especially when running ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

• Stoke-on-Trent, and definitely in the Midlands!

• Devizes in Wiltshire. ๐Ÿ˜€ got some beautiful countryside round here to run in.

• Texas...so some references go over my head but I do love the camaraderie, encouragement & cultural exposure I receive here. I also grow a little green in regards to park runs & other NHS offerings. This program is amazing but this community is what has made it possible for me to start running again.

• Take a look here ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

parkrun.com/

• Always willing to "translate" British cultural refs ... I've got a cousin lives in Texas, got him hooked on watching Fawlty Towers...

• Great memories of working on a Ranch south of Waco back in 89/90 :) Has some of the best people ever as friends there. :)

• Rural East Sussex. Love the Hastings Park Run route which is along the promenade so is flat and has fabulous views. Last Saturday, on the anniversary of the Battle of Hastings, they included a circuit of the Pier of the Year in the route. A few weeks back they introduced Park Walk to Park Run with pacers doing walk and run intervals to help people get into running. I'm up to W7R3 on C25K and am amazed at my progress but hills really take it out of me so a promenade suits me fine. Have loved reading where everyone is from. What a great community this is.

• Living in God's country central Scotland ๐Ÿ˜€

• middlesbrough, you will never leave!

• Hi managed to get to the end of week 4 then I stopped ๐Ÿ˜™ but on my w1 and glad to be back

Iโ€™m wrexham North Wales ,and will did get bad gales yesterday

• Originally from mossley lancashire but enjoying the south australian sunshine for the last 7 years

• Lincolnshire -- nice and flat for running ... only a few hills ๐Ÿค—

• Hi, I'm from the Philippines :)

• Now in Perthshire in Scotland via North Yorkshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Queensland and the Cotswolds! Cannot avoid the hills, definitely slow and steady..... ๐Ÿ˜‚

• I'm originally from Dublin, moved to Scotland in 2006, lived there for 10 years and then moved Leicestershire last year.

• I'm from Corby! Looking at doing couch25k again to get back in training.

• Across the pond from you in Miamisburg, Ohio

• Originally from Bewdley in Worcestershire now living in the bit where the New Forest meets Southampton.

• I'm originally from Cheshire, but have been in Italy for the past seventeen years, the last fifteen in Rome.

• Ft. Worth Texas. USA

• The Isle of Man - hilly and beautiful.

Very very strong athletics and cycling community (Mark Cavendish, Peter Kennaugh et al)

Stereotypically a life long biker as are most of my generation, but we also racewalk, run and cycle a lot.

Today on a quest to find my wheelie bin which took off fully loaded after 80mph winds last night.

• I love the IOM , I go every year ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘

Jump on the catamaran from the pool get there in 2.5 hrs fab

• Interesting point about running or/and cycling, I have been a lifelong cyclist but only recently started w1 of couch25k, after week one I did feel a bit sore, especially on my legs and groin and had to give it a rest, just wondering if it's wise for someone like me at age 71, normal height and just 10stone, not obese to 'cross-over' to another discipline from doing long walks and cycling to running.!!?

• I'm also 71 and just finished Couch5k. I am also a long term race walker and long distance race walker, and cycle and each activity uses totally different muscles. Just took up cycling again after a break of 30 years and by God it is hard! It will take a lot of work to get cycling muscles up to the level of the walking and running muscles. I'm 6'4" and nearly 14 stone so have a lot more to lug around than you, so if I can do it, you certainly can.

• Thank you very much for your reply 'Duddles', you do inspire me, yes you are correct in saying that as you have not cycled for 30 years it is hard to get back to cycling. I'll keep going with Couch25k.

• I was amazed how hard it was - the first semi-serious hill I got to, I had to get off! There are a lot of hills in the IOM, and a lot of good cyclists so it was a bit embarrassing. I was out with my son who thinks nothing of a 50 mile ride, and he and his mates seek out the big climbs. I think it was the first time he saw me show my age - but he assures me that it won't take long to get cycling fitness back. I now have a huge respect for the older generation I see regularly riding around our hills.

• PS, I do think that my natural running pace is about 6 minutes for 1 kilometre, if I could keep that up for 30 minutes, yes it's a big IF, then I could do the 5k in 30 minutes.

• I was 'made' in The Isle of Man (but I try not to think about that)...!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š

• Do you mean I could be your Dad?

• Only if you've misplaced a daughter ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heady days the summer of 1966.... heady days....

• DADDY.......??????????

• Tidy your room!

• ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Hi all I live in STEVENAGE HERTS..

such wonderful places some of you live. Amazibg the large amoubt of us that are gypsies at heart..

Born in Edgeware moved to Hendon, Barnet (SE), Blackpool NW, Letchworth Herts, Cornwall, Slough, Dunstable Downs, then Blackpool again dont know why ad i hated it. But great FLAT prom to run on and now Stevenage long term.

I was struggling with week 1 and 2 for past year running for 90 seconds just seemed like hours. Couple of weeks ago i was in Florida 36 degrees and day one ran for 3 minutes solid day 2 4 minutes solid mmmm think i need to emigrate. I am now on week 3 C25K and have decided to join my local running group need a kick up back side as encouragement.

• I'm in Berwick Upon Tweed - right on the border. Live in England, work in Scotland. Quite hilly but I'm improving bit by bit!

• Oldham, Manchester- hello all!!'

• Hello ๐Ÿ‘‹

• Hello

• No fellow Glawster folks? Victoria here, from basically all over Gloucestershire

• I'm from Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I live in southern Saskatchewan where everyone thinks it is flat, flat, flat but we're near the South Saskatchewan River so have some great hills and coulees (in addition to lots of flat farmland). The biggest thing I miss since moving here is the lack of trees.

• Sounds fab there๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘ Iโ€™m lucky I live right by a nature reserve with beach , woods and an increase in red squirrels ..

• Sounds wonderful! Nice place to run, I'm sure. I spent all summer running at the lake through the campground and surrounding hills.... it was glorious ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Brought up in East Yorkshire, now living in Switzerland, but currently in northern France where the sky was also orange yesterday!

• Welcome, @Vonhorn! I'm from across the pond (New York City, the Bronx, to be precise).

• It sounds a fantastic place to live ๐Ÿ˜„

• Did anyone run a 5k or was out training 'against' storm Opelia? I wonder, where I live in Cumbernauld near Glasgow in Scotland the wind was not all that strong, I did see some runners out this morning, the wind did not make too much of a difference to them

• Not me ! To many trees about to blow down on me ๐Ÿ˜‚ that my excuse anyway , thankfully itโ€™s over now with little damage ๐Ÿ‘

• I'm from Dunbar in East Lothian , Scotland! Originally from N. Ireland!

I'm in Ireland this week on holiday!

About to start Week 4 when I get back!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Born in Liverpool moved to Germany as dad was in forces then moved to wales but living in Surrey st the moment

• Midlands West Bromwich very boring after reading where everyone else comes from ๐Ÿ˜”

• Born in Poland. Now, I'm living in Kidlington, 5 miles north of Oxford.

Running mostly around the village or on the canal path. Struggling to finish the programme, as my running path has many bumps. Currently on week 6.

• Keep going ๐Ÿ‘

• Saltdean, East Sussex - in the chalk downs near the sea. Today the sea and the air were so still - a paddle boarder puttering around beyond a very low tide, the odd shore fisherman. Other days itโ€™s a foaming fury spraying the Undercliff where people usually run, walk, cycle, dream. Canโ€™t avoid the hills. Good luck with your journey.

• Calgary Canada. If any of you visit I'll bring you along to Nosehill Parkrun, I'm there nearly every week. Just drop a line.

• Originally from Oldbury in the West Midlands, moved to Staffordshire 10 years

• Edinburgh :)

• Edinburgh

• On a whim once I went to Edinburgh to see if an old friend of mine had made it out of the rather tumultuous area of Asia we had a few joint adventures in back in the 80s. Unfortunately the family home had been sold and nothing known about the whereabouts of Paula "Goldielocks" McGlynn.

But - what a fantastic city is Edinburgh! So glad I got to spend that week there :)

• Its a great city. Hilly though :)

• Loved it :) Met some amazing people there also :)

• Poulton le fylde near Blackpool

• Born in London, father in RAF so moved around a fair bit (but also got to spend a year and a half in Singapore), ended up in Ely, University was Leeds, worked in Cambridge and London until I moved to Munich in Germany over 30 years ago. But my roots are in Lancashire - definitely a northerner at heart.

I run in fields, woods and around lakes to the north of Munich. With the occasional castle and not so occasional beer garden. The Alps are just down the road, not that I get very far when running there, but it has been known. Being in Central Europe opens up all sorts of possibilities and in my short running career I have run in France, Italy, Austria, Portugal, England, Ireland and Scotland (not Wales though!). Business travel takes me to other German cities, so far Berlin, Leipzig, Cologne, Dรผsseldorf and Frankfurt.

You canโ€™t really tell Iโ€™m collecting, can you! Not bad for a year and a half!

• Live in Kent, work in London, was born in Greece and moved to Britain 12 years ago. Thanks for asking, I was wondering too! Love this community and all the shootings people in it:)

• BTW Vonhorn,my parents live in Southport these days and often go to Formby - so we are virtually neighbours in an indirect kind of way! :)

• I work in Southport in the community, lovely place so I can choose to run Formby or around the lake in Southport on way home , IF I ever get to run around the lake iv been told itโ€™s the equivalent to a 5k run ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘Œ

• I've had a quick scan through and can't see anyone from right down on the South Coast here, a little place called Hill Head, Fareham, Hants sandwiched between Portsmouth (Pompey!) and Southampton!!

• I've got friends from Fareham area, went to a wedding there last year! Grew up IoW/Pompey :)

• Wow - so many replies! Hi everyone- I live in Abergavenny, South Wales.

• Hi ๐Ÿ‘‹ I'm from Norwich, UK All the wise men came from the east ๐Ÿ˜‚

Just finished week 2 after re-starting the programme again (got to week 5 last time out but life got in the way a bit).

• Hi everyone!

I live on the other side of the boerewors curtain in the northern suburbs in Cape Town, South Africa. Come visit anytime! We have lots of parkruns all over the place if you want to be a park run tourist.

• Well welcome! I was born in Newcastle upon Tyne so I'm a proper Geordie !

Then as a baby I was taken home to mining village north of Newcastle called Hazelrigg ,then teenage years was again further north another mining village called Seaton Burn. I then left home,joined the army and married a wonderful man and now we live in Herefordshire.He is retired and me ? I'm semi retired

So there you have it.

Happy running !๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

• What a popular thread! Iโ€™m in Dorset, on the beautiful south coast of England ๐Ÿ–

• Westhoughton Bolton. Northern lass right here ๐Ÿ˜€

• Living and running in Essex at the mo. I haven't ventured away from local streets for running yet- not very exciting ha ha!

You may also like...