Couch to 5K
53,042 members85,134 posts

Week 5 - lessons learned :)

Hurrah, w5r3 completed. I was pretty slow but ran the whole 20 mins :)

This week I was experimenting with using strava to track distances/ times and trying a running soundtrack with faster songs to pick up the pace. Did a faster paced w5r2 but then suffered from it with sore ankles.

So took an extra day rest (I've been walking 4-6 miles on rest days anyway) with lots of calf/ ankle stretches, and went for a slow pace today.

Strava says it was my second fastest mile (strava, you wound me, it was the first mile I've run without stopping!)

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Try not to worry about pace at this stage - you can do that once you've graduated. You've made such good progress to get to where you are and it really doesn't matter if you are slow - in fact, at this stage, the slower you go, the less likely you are to injure yourself. Well done though - 20 minutes is a huge, huge achievement - I loved that point of the programme - the self belief really starts to build and you realise that graduating, whilst still challenging, is within your sights! Well done!

2 likes

Running, learning, slower pacing, all sounds great! Definitely heed the wise words of RebeccaSK below :) . Though I definitely understand the temptation to track your stats, I forced myself not to on some runs in case I was tempted to push too far!

1 like

Slow, steady..enjoy... that is all you need to do :)

You may also like...