Hi everyone.... I completed the podcasts yesterday along with a baptism of fire - the southsea 5k park run!!! Ok it took me 39 minutes but I had stitch most of the way but I'm still very proud of what I've achieved, and everyone else's achievements too!!! So here's my personal reflection on the 9 week programme:
1) never underestimate any achievement, whether it's running for 60 seconds, 5 minutes or 30
2) I've never stopped running at any point of the program but I have slowed down to a pace that is incredibly slow whilst I catch my breath/have a drink/recover
3) my music experiments have found that I need something I know that has words to it.. So I can lose myself in following the song. Instrumentals and no words are ok but I get very bored
4) I've increased my protein intake from all the insects that I've inhaled!
5) similarly I've helped keep Portsmouth's snail population in check as I've crunched on more than a few
6) I love running in the rain! The smell, the welcome cooling down... Would never have thought that!
7) it's made me more resilient in other aspects of my life ... I don't give up so easily and fight for what I believe in
8) running 3 times a week, plus Pilates, swimming and dog walking has meant that at 42 I have never been so fit... I've lost a stone and a half since April with at least one more to go - but each exercise seems to have benefited the other so improvements all round
9) I.can.do.it. Massive increase in self belief and confidence
10)I could not have done it without the help, advice and support of this forum. I thank you all!!!!
I'm looking forward to continuing this journey and the rewards ( fitness, loose clothes, daily appreciation). Good luck to everyone on their journey. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other!!!!