Couch to 5K
62,210 members94,957 posts

First ever post...W5 R3

I've remained a silent watcher and reader and have been so inspired by you all. I don't like putting myself out there much but just wanted to whisper that in about 30 minutes I'm off to run for 20 minutes nonstop since I was at school. I'm a 36 year old mum of 2 young boys and 2 months this ago I had every excuse to not exercise. Im off out with my husband on a run tonight too which we haven't had chance to do much. The weather is fine and I'm nervously excited!

Wish me luck :)

And hello from me!

Sarah x

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Have a great run Sarah. Well done for getting this far.

2 likes

Well done Sarah!! You'll be great. Enjoy that run and when you get back there is plenty of room with us in the smug zone ☺️

2 likes

Feeling very pleased with myself :)

1 like

Psst..You don't need luck..just you and your running shoes. Slow and steady.. you will be just fine...:)

Slow and steady and maybe go very, very easy on the run with husband tonight.. two runs in a day is not really a great idea for a new runner :)

1 like

Apologies, I didn't explain myself well, I meant that my husband was joining me on the w5 r3 run. We nailed it :)

1 like

Brilliant :)

I completed my W5R3 this morning and I actually really enjoyed it and managed it a lot better than I thought I would!! Good luck with yours, you will feel amazing afterwards!! Xx

2 likes

It is fun.. just another great run, taking you towards the podium :)

1 like

I really do! Thank you x

I DID IT!

I could've carried on running too. My breathing was great and everything just clicked. I managed to chat with my husband most of the way around and in the last 2 minutes a picked up my pace and properly sprinted.

I was exhilarated and I'm so proud. I haven't run like that since school. I've gone from a size 16 to 14, lost 3" on my waist (though nothing on the scales 🙄 Lol!).

I keep telling myself a running but today I'm going to admit it. I run therefore I am a runner :) yey!

3 likes

*i keep telling myself I'm not a runner

Hi Silent Sarah.

Well done you on getting this done... brilliant achievement. Happy running

You may also like...