Couch to 5K
62,460 members95,283 posts

Week 4 running just got serious!

Week 4 running just got serious!

So I decided to increase my warm up walk today to take me down to the playing fields cos I knew this 5 minutes of running malarkey was going to be a tough ask and I really didn’t want to start running next to a busy road. Plus side of the playing fields is it’s a totally flat route 👍🏼 downside it’s all soaking at grass, so my poor wee trainers are well and truly broken in 😂 Anyways totally didn’t have the faith in my fitness that I would manage a whole 5 minutes off running! But I did 😃 and not only did I manage it once, but I did it twice! In fact I did every bit of running and walking asked of me without stopping. Def never going to be the quickest but I’m so proud of myself for completing run1. Today is a good day. Bring on run 2

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Good Luck and well done I’m starting WK4 next week 😳

1 like

Thank you. I’m really over the moon with myself today. Good luck to you, I’m sure you’ll smash it. Let us know how you get on

1 like

Well done! :)

If you're wanting to avoid running near to roads (I totally understand that, I do the same thing) then you could try looking around on openstreetmap.org to pre-plan out a route through local paths/fields/wooded areas, it often (but not always) does a better job than google maps of showing you the public footpaths and cycle routes.

1 like

Fab thanks I’ll have a nose 👍🏼

Well run in shoes... fab and well done you for sticking at it

1 like

Yay, well done😃👍🏃‍♀️✔️

I use Goodrunguide, which indicates tracks and footpaths, which is very useful. As a runner you will get to know your localarea like never before 🙂

1 like

You may also like...