W8R3.... and then there was a problem

The family moved to the coast for the last few weeks of our Spanish holiday. Glorious. I hadn't had chance to do a reccie for my W8R3 run so I just crossed the road to the coastal path and started from there. Daftly, I hadn't considered that the path would follow the hills, too! Blimey! 15 mins in and I was done for but the scenery and the constant wonder at myself for even thinking I could do it kept me going. A really amazing run. Pushed myself almost to the limit but it gave me a real sense of where this running could take me (literally). Later that day (yesterday), I joined the kids in the pool. I moved quickly in the water when the little one was struggling and..... banged my toes on a step..... badly bruised..... limped through the rest of the day.... I had a lovely plan to do W9 on the long promenade, enjoying the sea views and hoped to graduate that way.... still hoping I can do that in the time left of the holiday. Doh!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Should have said 'last few days' not 'weeks' of our holiday. Don't get weeks!

• Running and Life- not always compatible :)

Hope your toe feels better soon

• Thanks, helenwheels. Still very sore today. Doh.

• ...Oh and well done for week 8 with b****** hills :)

• Not exactly sure how one rests a toe.... but rest that toe and I hope you get to do your graduation run as planned...

• Thanks, Jancanrun. I'll be taking an extra rest day tomorrow and hope that does the trick.

• Poor you! Ice today. Hope you've not broken it!

• Same thought crossed my mind. Just bruised, I think.... hope.

You may also like...