Couch to 5K

WK7 R2 Did the body win or did the Mind?

Noticed Polly 2810 posting and showing off that she had done the run. I thought what a star she is. My body was saying no, no and thrice no.

However in this house there is a new confidence and the mind drives it all. Today armed with 2 apps, Mr Glen C (sadly missed) and Michael J interspersing the music off I went.

Happy to say that all went well and back I came still in one piece. Can I say I am looking forward to the last run of WK7? Yes actually I can, what happens does not worry me, get to the start and off I will go.

This week I have run 25 minutes Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday all with warm up and down times, additionally I was bored and thinking I needed to do something yesterday; got the bicycle out and a quick 7.2 KM in 29 minutes for good measure.

Till Saturday morning folks, keep on running.........

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Yes it really is a life changer, well done sir

Well done, I'm doing run 3 tomorrow evening, good luck on Saturday.

1 like

Have a good one.

Go you!

2 likes

Ah well done!! Now who's showing off? 7k Bike ride too!! All I did was some yogalates!! 🤣🤣

Yogalates? Whatever remember to keep some energy for the next run. It is not a race to WK9 R3 let us both get there. My plan as I have said previously here I think is for my final run to be done in a little Canton in the Pyrenees. My little French bolt hole.

Brilliant post!! Well done..has inspired me for mine on sat morning...thank you

1 like

I shall be thinking of you as I do my own.

You may also like...