Couch to 5K
57,250 members89,786 posts

Week 9, jogging partner confidence and breathing

I am so close to graduating and have managed up to week 9 run 2. Although the last couple of jogs I have become tired and started to breath heavily after about 5 minutes. I have mostly been jogging with a partner and have managed to jog through this and complete the weeks. I think it may take me a while to get a good stride and rhythm, has anyone ever experienced this? Is it normal?

Over the last week or so I have been jogging alone and have not managed to get past the 15 minute mark for a number of reasons one being that mentioned above. Does jogging in a partnership really affect me that much?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Might be that you run too fast when you run alone. If you run with someone slightly slower than you they will be slowing you down a bit. Every time I struggled it was because I was going too fast, often without realising.

Could just be because it's harder to give up when you are with someone else. You might push yourself more.

1 like

If you can't breathe easily, you are going too fast.........it is unsustainable.

It really is as simple as that.

Slow down

1 like

SCB1 speaks a lot of sense. I struggled with W9 more than any other week. I had several "practice runs" before I graduated. My legs were tired. I started giving myself two rest days (at least) between runs. I got there in the end! We place huge pressure on ourselves when we get so close to graduating.

1 like

Thanks all! I have been tracking that we were doing a 13 minute mile which sounds super so already 😐

I think part of my problem is I get very bored jogging alone so probably try to jog quicker without realising it so it's over with lol

I'll keep trying to reach the end of the 9 weeks. I'm surprised that I stuck with it tbh 🙊

Just slow down....🙂

Thanks for the tips! I graduated today, albeit slow, on my own and on the treadmill. I made it 😁

You may also like...