Couch to 5K
57,373 members89,900 posts

How long have you been a runner?

I have only committed to running for the last 4 months.

I tried last year but was immediately struck down by the dreaded shin splints, due to my not having a clue about the Couch to 5K program, or about how to run in general.

4 months ago, I decided to try again and follow the program. I'm now a proud, but slow runner.

How about you guys?

28 Replies
oldestnewest

Just over 12 months....., yaaaayyyyyyy!

2 likes

I tried many times at C25k and failed after 4 or 5 weeks. This time I started back in April and finished on the 22nd of June. Been running 3 times a week since. Love Parkrun on Saturday mornings.

2 likes

Been running about 14 months graduated 12 months last sunday

3 likes

I've got my 3 years runniversary since I graduated coming up in a couple of weeks...

3 likes

xx

It's tomorrow! Must have a special run...

1 like

You must.... :) x

1 like

It never happened, woke up to thick fog....tomorrow then!

1/2 way through W7 of the program, so for me I've been a runner about 1week!! Didn't really feel it before that!!

4 likes

Go you... you RUNNER you!

1 like

I've had nearly three full seasons of running since graduating. One season was over by May due to shin splints flooring me.

I never ran before C25k.

Slow running is lovely. Nothing finer than being able turn out for a slow run anywhere you happen to be 🙂

2 likes

Absolutely agree xxxx Ran by the sea, this morning, slow and steady, got soaked and loved it!

1 like

Love the idea of running seasons - v positive viewpoint. Will borrow- thanks. X

1 like

A year, but not managed to go regularly 3 times a week, didn't run for 4 months and have picked it back up again, this time I'm not overthinking it and then ending up not going. I wonder if anyone else has found going consistently for a run is difficult or its just me?

2 likes

I think many do. I find its best not to over think it. Just go.

2 likes

Don' think at all.. just put your shoes out, climb into them and let them take you onward, anywhere and anytime:)

2 likes

I've been very sporadic. Never stopped completely but often go weeks between runs (mostly coz of dodgy knees, although I do other forms of exercise to stay fit).

1 like

Coming up to 4 years since graduation. Loved it from the first run and still loving it 🙂 Have had a fair old time on the IC over the years but running is for life now so it's all part of a runner's life.

Slow is lovely 🏃🏃🏃🙂

2 likes

Bows to the Majesty!!! :) The IC.... just a part of it... a bit too often for me too at the mo' but getting back to it now:)

Slow... I love that word!

2 likes

I'm four years in and so very happy I made the effort to learn to run, I love it now after being a run hater for the rest of my life. 😀.

3 likes

Massive bow to you :) It is, a lifelong love affair isn't it? xx

1 like

I couldn't imagine not running now, I'm determined to be one of those ones still running at 90 😀.

3 likes

Me too... but I have a shorter distance to go than you :)

3 likes

Hehe, you see, slow and steady and you will still beat me . 😀😀😀😀

2 likes

2 Years this December! Yeay!!!!

3 likes

It's been about a year and a half for me since I started Cto5k.

1 like

Started April this year after seeing a poster on the bus. Started with Active10 then C25k. Graduated in July. V slow but happy with that, thanks to forum. Would rather run slow now until 90 than fast now and fizzle out at 80. (Am 66 - playing a long game. )

1 like

May 15th!!

1 like

You may also like...