W7R1 at ParkRun

Was going to give ParkRun a miss this week but my son and his friend nagged me into it and as I was planning to do W7R1 today anyway, I thought I might as well use PR for the session. As the first (nearly) half is uphill I decided to incorporate the warm-up walk into that so I could get a bit of it out of the way, but I was still going uphill when I started the 25- minute run. There were a few times I was ready to stop and walk, but I didn't want to disappoint Sanjeev so I kept the slow and steady pace and got through. The good thing about our PR is that the second half is downhill, so even though I hadn't reached the finish line by the time Sanjeev told me I'd finished the session, I just kept going and by the time I'd crossed the line I'd been running for a little over 30 minutes! I know you're meant to stop when you're done, but I just couldn't resist pushing on for the finish line and it gives me confidence for the last few weeks of the plan. Bring on W7R2 πŸ˜€

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • A minor deviation at your stage of the programme.

Well done, that will be a confidence booster.

• Well done you, sometimes a sneaky extra is worth it for the confidence boost it gives...

• The downhill stretch just seemed too good to waste πŸ˜„

• Okay... you ran it... well done you! You should feel very happy that you know you are going to be able to crack those thirty minute runs!

• Feeling good about the 30-minute runs, but still think it'll be a while before I manage to run the whole ParkRun route, just because of that hill at the start.

• You will get there!

You may also like...