W6R1 - back on track

Well I took an extra rest day this weekend as I have been feeling very tired and running on empty (forgive the pun). Anyway set off today with a sniffly nose and a little bit of a sore throat, feeling a tad apprehensive. It was a much better day, I had more energy, travelled further and in a slightly quicker time (which is still snailpace). Maybe I've been harbouring some nasty virusy thing and am now getting over it. I actually felt good at the end of this run rather than drained.

Anyway the extra rest day helped so much that I will be sneaking some more in if needs be. ;)

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done! Sounds like those rest days have paid off. I've got this run to do tonight. I've taken an extra few days off too after W5r3 and a few days celebrating birthdays! Definitely ready to get back to it now.

1 like

Thank you. Yes I'm glad I took the extra rest, it did me the world of good. Good luck tonight - you'll smash it :)

1 like

Rest days very handy sometimes... so what's your poison Beaujolais, Valpolicella, Rioja. You know those reds are calling us! Great stuff and so well done you🍷🍷🍷🍾🥂

1 like

All of the above - haha.

Well done you!! It sounds like you have made amazing progress. Such a positive feeling to achieve & be satisfied with your effort. I've been running three days a week so an extra rest day each weekend + one for a swollen knee - I don't think it's done any harm & sounds like it has worked for you. Keep up the good work 😊🐵

1 like

Thank you. When I say extra rest days that's on top of the usual 2 together I have each week - haha! I am very slow still but that's OK as I have never really done anything sporty and I think my body just tells me I have to rest sometimes. On the plus side, no injuries - so far. :)

1 like

If you've avoided injuries then you're doing a good job of listening to your body. Take those extra rest days when you need them- your body will thank you for it

1 like

Thank you. Yes the way I see it I'm getting on a bit so avoiding injuries will be much easier than having to deal with them.

1 like

You may also like...