Best running tracks - add here!

I'm constantly tweaking my running playlist for some great, motivational songs. Thought it may be an idea to start a post here so everyone can share their top tracks!

Mine are

Titanium - Sia

God is a DJ - Faithless

White Tiger - Marcus Layton & Izzy Bizu

Bounce - Calvin Harris

All of Me - John Legend, Tiesto remix

Hideaway - Kiesza

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

22 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I *just* posted on this morning's music! Gonna start all my runs with Tina Turner's "Proud Mary" now--*such* a good warm up. My other top track would be "Eye Of The Tiger", because who can't feel better, train harder, and run faster when they're in a montage, right?! For me, it's mostly about the ironic-joy of 80s anthems... :) Although sometimes the thumping rigidity of pop drums is all a bit much so I go a bit rogue with The Dambusters March and other hits of the British Light Music scene.

• I know - it was your post that inspired me to start the post! Eye of the Tiger is a classic - I have that on my playlist too!

• Footloose, Lenny loggins, is an absolute must 😁

• Oooh - another goodie and that one's not on my playlist!

• I love Stand by your man! πŸ˜ƒ Strangely I run to stuff that I,don't normally listen to. it just sort of works πŸ™‚ When I run to it I sing really loud, Staynd by yerrrr mayn 😎

• Haha MissW. Go for it πŸ˜„

• I'm going to follow this post need some new music inspiration all I've got is a workout album and it's getting a bit stale now x

• I feel Love- Donna Summer... I got my last 5k PB listening to that on a loop - was last year tho :(

• I run mostly to big epic orchestral scores which make me imagine I'm a warrior princess running to save the world 😏 but apart from that I have a very mixed bag on my playlist!

I love running to these:

Bad Moon Rising - Creedance Clearwater Revival. I love the lyrics ("the end is coming soon") πŸ™‚

Tusk - Fleetwood Mac as it's perfect for running fast.

Changed the way you kiss me - Example

And ...... I told you it was a mixed bag - and I can't believe I'm admitting to this in public 😏

Pray with me - Rick Astley πŸ˜•

It is great to run to. Honest.

• Oh and this one

• Ooh this is a good one!

• It's from the film "Burnt" and played at the end credits. When it started my first thought was "oh that would be good for running!".

• Haha you know you're addicted to running when . . . ;)

• πŸ˜„

• That's a stonker Irishprincess

• I love Bad Moon Rising! Their Heard it through the grapevine is a bit unusual in a good way πŸ˜ƒ

Rick Astley 😁😁😁. Only kidding. I do like him

I am deffo getting the Donna Summer on my play thingy. Brilliant suggestion. Just the thing for solid running. i think that would be good to run to the final five minutes of Stepping Stones podcast Ju

• I listen to some songs from the INXS kick album, but I love running to the script hall of fame as well

• Love proud Mary, also Elvis Promised Land, Ed Sheeran Sing and Tom Jones Help Yourself mixed bag for me

• 'Dark chest of wonders' by Nightwish (you will fly to the moon and back with that one) and 'Thunderstruck' AC/DC

• Great thread! I like it when I find one at a rhythm that matches my foot beats! Sultans of Swing and Money for Nothing (Dire Straits) and Kodachrome (Paul Simon) are great to run to :)

• For some timeless cheesy pop can't beat 5ive & Keep on moving

• Some of my favourites

Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak, The boys are back in town.

Spandau Ballet - Gold

Fleetwood Mac - Eyes of the world, The Chain, I don't want to know

Elvis Costello and the Attractions - Pump it Up

Florence + The Machine - Dog days are over

Cake - The Distance (this one has kept me going when I've been on the verge of giving up!)

Doobie Brothers - China Grove

Ike and Tina Turner - Nutbush City Limits

Pharrell Williams - Happy

Blue Oyster Cult - Don't fear the reaper

Weather Report - Birdland

Arthur Conley - Sweet soul music

You may also like...