Couch to 5K
54,949 members87,488 posts

Sneaks in quietly...... sorry for my absence!

3 months ago some fractured ribs stopped my progress completely, wow don't broken ribs hurt?! I tried, a few times (probably too soon) to run again without success but am proud to say that I am now back to where I was. I ended up starting again from week 1 and in a strange way it was good to see how much easier it was than the first time, I probably could have started at week 3 or something but anyway, I decided to start from week 1 and am glad I did as it has helped my confidence a lot. And, today I completed Week 5 Run 3, the dreaded 20 minutes and it really wasn't too bad at all. I set out very early to avoid the heat and actually really enjoyed it. So, I'm glad to be back and I am looking forward to catching up with everyone! xx

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Hello back!!! It's great to have you back :D

And you are again ahead of me :P

I was jumping off and on several times, so I decided to go back to week 1 and build up my confidence ;) I did my W3R2 yesterday. I am also training my dog, Lori, to run with me. So we started it very slow from week 1. She is not with me during EVERY run, but I try to do at least half of the runs with her.

It is kind of easier this time, although not all runs are nice, smooth, and without panting :P

Hugs

1 like

It's good to hear from you, I run with my dogs all the time, one has to be on the lead so I have one of those waist belts leads and they are great, means I can keep my hands free. We will get there eventually I'm sure!

2 likes

Welcome back :) And I am looking forward to your Graduation and the day you change your name to RunningFit Sal :)

Don't disappoint me, OK? ; )

1 like

Thank you Irish-John I sincerely hope I don't let you down! I feel fairly sure I can graduate now, as long as I don't fall off the pony again lol, as for changing the name.... we'll see! x

1 like

Well done on your return! Slow and steady and no more falling from your pony!!!!

Good to have you back x

Thank you Oldfloss it is good to be back, I am back on the pony too but being very careful! Lol xx

1 like

You may also like...