Week 6 completed with my partner in crime 🐾

Week 6 completed with my partner in crime 🐾

I've completed wk 6 , some may have read that I started running last year , but then had a nasty fall ☹️ I tore the ligaments badly in my ankle , crutches for a month , off work for 2 months .

I had physio but could not run for 6 months , it's been a painful , frustrating journey .

May 1st I got the green light to start again. , and started from scratch again , I thought my fitness would be gone , and it was BUT it came back much quicker and I've finished wk 6 today .... looking like a beetroot, and sporting a chewbacca hair type style 🤣🤣

Do we care , not one dot , it's about what goes on in my head whilst running and what it does for me .

I got to do it with my best buddy too 🐾🐾

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Rachael 😊. ..and co.🐕

Full speed ahead now!! (nice and steady of course 😉)...

• Well done to you both !

That is such a great pic , we love our pooches on here . Whats their name ? Boy/Girl ? :-) xxx

• This is Max , he is six . I adopted him when he was 3 and I am his third home . Possibly he may be a failed gun dog with his first owners , we are not sure .

Second owners adopted him and 11 months later split up , neither could care for him , he had swollen paws because he had not been walked for ages 😩

Fast forward 3 years , and we love him more than anything , never ever will he have another home again , he is funny , absolutely crackers but has a gorgeous nature and I'm beyond lucky to have him 🐾🐾

• Aw that's fab ! I am so glad you've both got your happy ending xxx

• Glad to hear that you were recently given the green light to begin running again. Hopefully, your period of rehabilitation will have allowed you to return to running in a far stronger position.

However, I guess that Max's excitement possibly exceeds yours, as soon as the trainers come out, since he knows what's about to happen.

You may also like...