Couch to 5K
60,047 members92,658 posts

Amazed

Amazed

Wk5 r3 in the bag.

Still buzzing, was definitely the most mentally challenging run yet but bye far the most rewarding.

2 minutes in I could have given in another 18 minutes seemed impossible. Just thought I know I can do 8, that came and then 10 became my target then it's well I'm over half way, and when I heard the voice say 5 minutes to go the adrenaline kicked in. I was going to do this, I might not be fast or elegant but I am going to be successful.

At 1 minute to go I was already grinning and still am.

What a difference it makes to be apart of a journey, with so many people sharing their wisdom, advice and just good encouragement it really does make the difference.

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done, best feeling ever!

1 like

Thank you, can't believe how addictive that feeling is lol

1 like

Well done, you certainly get a buz after you have finished, onwards and upwards!!

1 like

Not at all sure about this running stuff ... it's addictive! GRRRRRRRRR! Well done. As a still-beginner at W8 that's the real milestone

2 likes

Impressive, I spend less time in peak and more time in fat-burn .... obviously I should run faster

1 like

Think it probably means I'm struggling more than you are lol. Week 8 looks hard but it's a huge accomplishment to be that far through well done the end is in sight.

I meant your W5R3 was the milestone ... I was SO pleased with myself when I managed it. I should definitely run faster LOL (don't tell oldfloss I said that)

1 like

Amazing! I've just completed week 4 and I'm nervous about week 5. Just going to take it 1 run at a time. Well done you!!

2 likes

I was nervous about wk 5 especially run 3 but like you say I take each run as it comes. I'm sure you will be fine and it's not a race so pace yourself. If you are like me I am amazed at every week that I complete so use that confidence to believe in yourself as already you have done great things.

1 like

Yay !!! Fantastic , I'm doing wk6 run 1 tommorow

1 like

That's my aim too, I really enjoy the runs that fall on a weekend. I leave my house at six and don't get home from work until 7 during the week so fitting food kids and a run in are challenging. But running at the weekend I feel so much more relaxed and prepared.

I'm sure you won't need it but good luck for tomorrow.

You may also like...