If you can dance you can run?

Just feeling daunted before w5 - and remembered I used to dance for hours (various types over the loooong decades - am 66). I suspect this light jogging is v similar. So will take that on to the run-floor next week (still 'eeking' a bit though).

By the way I just love the whole concept of rest days - maybe 'extreme resting' at the mo though !

All best to all

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • You can do it! Just take it slow and steady (especially if it's very hot) and maybe hum a happy tune as you go along.

• I too am about to start W5 and feeling apprehensive, particularly about Run 3. Keep dancing 'til the end πŸ’ƒ!

• Steady and slow and enjoy every step :)

• Steady and slow is the way... I bounced along to ABBA this morning.. :)

• ABBA Gold the whole way round for me too this morning!

• That was me too !!!!

Wow, I thought someone was running alongside me when I was on the beach.. we had a great run didn't we!!!! :)

• You can run and dance. I often do. It's a dead cert if Kenny loggins Footlose pops up or Land of a thousand dances πŸ˜ƒ

• Loving your approach.... week 5 is hard but very doable, good luck 😎

• Oh yes! I love to dance and when running and I hear a great tune it carries me on and when I hear a rubbish tune I want to stop. I have my iPod nano loaded with great tunes and that (along with this forum) has made this adventure possible :) Dance your way to 5k xx

You may also like...