Couch to 5K
54,906 members87,424 posts

If you can dance you can run?

Just feeling daunted before w5 - and remembered I used to dance for hours (various types over the loooong decades - am 66). I suspect this light jogging is v similar. So will take that on to the run-floor next week (still 'eeking' a bit though).

By the way I just love the whole concept of rest days - maybe 'extreme resting' at the mo though !

All best to all

9 Replies
oldestnewest

You can do it! Just take it slow and steady (especially if it's very hot) and maybe hum a happy tune as you go along.

1 like

I too am about to start W5 and feeling apprehensive, particularly about Run 3. Keep dancing 'til the end 💃!

1 like

Steady and slow and enjoy every step :)

1 like

Steady and slow is the way... I bounced along to ABBA this morning.. :)

1 like

ABBA Gold the whole way round for me too this morning!

2 likes

That was me too !!!!

Wow, I thought someone was running alongside me when I was on the beach.. we had a great run didn't we!!!! :)

3 likes

You can run and dance. I often do. It's a dead cert if Kenny loggins Footlose pops up or Land of a thousand dances 😃

1 like

Loving your approach.... week 5 is hard but very doable, good luck 😎

Oh yes! I love to dance and when running and I hear a great tune it carries me on and when I hear a rubbish tune I want to stop. I have my iPod nano loaded with great tunes and that (along with this forum) has made this adventure possible :) Dance your way to 5k xx

You may also like...