Climax Canyon 5K Trail Run

10:02 AM on Saturday, May 13, 2017

Distance 5K / 3.1mi

3RD PLACE (Over 40 Division)

TIME 50:15

PACE 15:53/mi

Elevation Gain 435ft

Calories 719

I made it out alive! Bit the dust once and fell in the absolute best possible place and way. Uninjured! I was running through rock and cactus, tripped and landed in soft earth and pine needles. Amazing.

I was not feeling this today. Definitely not one of those "invincible" feeling days. I lost 2 minutes off my best time. Imagine doing a 5K in 50:15 and still getting third! Ha! lol that's too funny. My first 5K done! Glad it's over. Time to move on.

strava.com/activities/98452...

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's brilliant Gary. Many congratulations to you and very well done. Third place!!! Whoop whoop. You must be chuffed with that. I know this was a biggie for you and you've conquered it! Which one are you in the photo? Are you related to the other person as you look similar? 🙂

• Thanks Irishprincess - I'm on the right with the bling around my neck.

• Of course you are! Stupid me 🙂 Fab looking bling too 🤗

• oh! - and no ma'am, no relation. I just met him today. That's Jared with Raton Parks and Recreation, the Race Director.

• You look like brothers!

• Yeah, lol, I noticed that too.

• Well done! Well done indeed!!! :)

• Thank you Irish-John

• Well done! I think that's an amazing achievement.

• Thanks resolution, this has been my goal, to run this one. I feel relieved Now, I can coast on easy miles a while and let this body catch up to what I've put it through.

• Well done. That looks scorchio! 😃 Was it?

You did really well! What's next on the race calender? 🙂

• Thank you misswobble,

It was 70°F 21°C by the time I finished.

Nothing planned for races. I need to hang out at 3 - 5 miles for a while and let my body catch up to me.

I have some extended trips coming up too so I will do maintenance runs. Once I am settled again. I'll add in the intermittent speed work and just increase distance. Work on vert if I can.

I still have about 15 pounds or what y'all call a stone to lose. My running is still more jogging than running. Lot's of work to do. I don't see me not running. :-) I will focus on trails though, I like trails better than road and track.

I think I should change my screen name to slowtwitch :-\ :-)

• Brilliant, really well done.

You may also like...