Couch to 5K
79,433 members110,708 posts

Favourite running music

Morning, just finished run 2 of week 4 and was wondering what everyone else likes to run to. I go for songs with encouraging lyrics, like "stronger" by Kelly clarkson or fast paced dance music.

What keeps you running?

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Funny you should mention her. I had never heard of her but am now liking her very much since I downloaded Sami Murphy Bridge to 10k which features a couple of her tracks ☺

I only listened to the c25k podcast music, which although 99% pants, did help with rthym etc and I did love hearing about Julie 😊

I like songs which help get me over a particular hump on my runs, I'm a Survivor feat Beyonce, the slightly barmy Shakira wherever whenever (or sommat sim'lar), Britney's like a circus. Music I don't normally listen to at all but it works on runs. Nina Simone Feeling Good, Go,Go's Head over Heels. Kenny logging Footloose any day of the week 😀

1 like

Anything big, orchestral, epic that makes me feel like a warrior who can take on the world..... which I do on every single run 💪.............

....... I do have a very vivid imagination 😉

2 likes

I have. Compilations of epic film soundtracks that is run with when I am doing more intense training. Most of the time I have audiobooks though. Driving and running time. = free study time, and I find my rain is curiously receptive to absorbing information while running

3 likes

I've never tried running to an audiobook, might have to give it a try!

You kindly sent me your compilation of film tracks a few years ago and I still use it!

I'm very behind on listening to "The Archers" so I'm going to download some of the omnibus editions and listen to them. Feel free to laugh. :)

Normally, though I use playlists that I download from my Deezer app. Some of them are actually "running playlists" or I go for whatever I fancy: 80s anthems, 70s rock, "motivational playlists", or whatever. I even downloaded an Irish one for St Patrick's Day. :)

4 likes

I have recently come back to the Archers after about a year's hiatus when i finally could not bear the whole Rob TitchenerGate storylne. And that after more than 40 years loyal listening.

Am quite enjoying it atm though. Depite Ruthh endlessly whing "Deeeeeeevid!" n every episode. She brings me out in hives.

1 like

Is The Archers easy to get into if you've never listened to it before? I'm a podcast person but like discovering new things to listen to, but I don't know if I'd be lost when it comes to figuring which character is which without seeing their faces like in TV soaps!

1 like

rmoo I'm the wrong person to ask that of! I've been listening to it on and off since I was a kid as my mum is a devotee. But it's not rocket science and I think you'd get into it quite easily. You can always google anything that confuses you - or ask Rignold and me. :)

1 like

He was a wrong 'un, that Rob, wasn't he, Rignold ? I've often used The Archers as a kind of lullaby at bedtime but that went out the window when he came on the scene... :)

B52s Love Shack Baby, can't slack with that in your ears!

1 like

If you like epic music to make you feel like a warrior (or viking in this case), then I can wholeheartedly recommend Wardruna. It's a Norwegian band that's committed to bringing to life the original Norse viking music using all the original instruments of those times, and I've no words to describe how awesome I find this. Here's a link:

1 like

I download Pete Tongs show on a Friday night to the radio app and play that as i love dance music. I even got a shout out once and heard it on my run and it got me up the hill dancing!!!!!

2 likes

Love Shack for me too. Come on! 😃

I like One Republic Love Runs Out. the fab updated version of Stone Roses Resurrection too

i was listening to the brilliant Bobby Darrin the other day and I think I am going to get his epic tunes on my playlist - Mac the Knife, Sailing (Somewhere beyond the sea), and what's the other one? ... Lazy River! I can sing my heart out to those and freak out a bit if no-one's about 😎

1 like

You may also like...