Couch to 5K
68,376 members β€’ 100,807 posts

Baker Hughes 10km in 3 weeks

I am excited to be doing my first 10K in 3 weeks.

For me it's not a race. I'll be delighted to finish. Started jogging in September last year.

Had 11 weeks off January to mid- March. Back on track now.

I've walked the course twice now To check I can do it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

My husband came with me and he's still on the couch.

It was great to get him out but I'll be leaving him at home now! --- my legs wanted to jog!

9 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Congratulations! Way to go... Your body will surprise you with its abilities. Go slow and steady and enjoy the journey. Hydrate well and warm up well. All the best!!

1 like

Thanks so much for the advice .. my first 'race' ... so very welcome 😊

1 like

Very sensible to check out the route beforehand, there'll be no surprises and you can just concentrate on running. Have fun, think about the medal at the end!

1 like

Woohoo! A race! What fun! We love a race we do πŸ™‚ Bring back the bling πŸ…πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

I bet you giggle at the off 😁 It's brill fun. I am an older runner who never dreamt of racing when I took those tentative first steps on day 1 week one of the programme. I can't stop racing now. I will be out doing it tomorrow πŸ˜ƒ

Go nice and steady, take it all in, the sights and sounds and have a lovely time, good luck!

3 likes

It's a great route round by the harbour and along the beach road.

Beautiful beach in Aberdeen.. not often warm enough to sunbathe!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Medal at the end ... good focus!! 😊😊

1 like

Thank you 😊 ... jelly baby at the end of my jogging group runs! The medal will give me encouragement for the next 10K in August .

Good luck. I did a 10k last summer and was just determined to run and complete it. i didn't care about the time. My motivation was that people had sponsored me, and although they would have paid up even if I had walked part of the way, I really wanted to deserve their generosity. Just go slow! I (sort of) enjoyed it, and it was nice to encourage and be encouraged by other runners.

1 like

Thanks Friends who have done it say the crowd are encouraging and what a 'buzz' gives you. Looking forward to that.

1 like

You may also like...