First overseas 5K

First overseas 5K

I have been walking this route since I got here to assess when it was clear enough to run and today with a lot of trepidation (I'm used to running more or less on the flat, some bits of this route are tough to walk without getting out of breath) I went for it. It was not as bad as I feared (that could be the motto for C25K!), I had to stop and walk briefly on several icy bits, I dropped to a walk for the steep last 200m to the turn round point and my hands were a little cold (my string-like legs were fine in shorts). I resisted the temptation to bomb down the mostly downhill return leg but was then grateful for the excuse to do my 5 minute warm down up the hill - it's called Mount Fee Road for a reason :) - back to the house.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Morning!😀 Ooh that looks chilly! Good for you for having run already 🙂

Have you got done grippers for your shoes? They wear running with shoes with rubbery studs on em I think in Norway etc. Some lady here told us all about them in one of her recent posts 😀

Have fun, taking care if course 🙂

• I saw the post but no, I was running in my regular running shoes. It was OK, they do an excellent job of clearing the Valley Trail and it had thawed too, it just meant I had to run looking at the surface a few feet in front to be ready to stop and tiptoe over the occasional couple of metres of ice.

• Well done - looks beautiful! Running tourism is the best :)

You may also like...