Couch to 5K
76,661 members β€’ 108,132 posts

W5r2 tough for slinky..πŸ˜…

Out in the luvly sunshine slinky was OK on the first 8min run but could manage only about 5mins on the next run before going to a walk, obviously the long break has taken it's toll, so she will do 5min runs for a spell...But we took in a 5k circuit also with the walking along with going up my steep hill which was knackering..😊

9 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

5 min runs sound just fine:) These things do obviously take there toll, as you say Dave...

You did a good circuit anyway and a hill!!!!! Well done Slinky! Stay strong.. Big Hug x

PS

If she gets tired, you can give her a piggy back :) x

2 likes

Any run is better than no run Dave. Slinky is doing great, slow and steady will do just fine. Enjoy πŸ˜€πŸ’ͺ🏻

1 like

Yes, I know! Thanks😊

2 likes

Good plan, she has done well to get back.

1 like

That all sounds good, some running, some walking, getting fresh air and sun with your partner, covering 5 KM, nothing wrong there. You're lucky to share your love of running, I'd love to get BaldyBoy off his bum...

2 likes

Won't do him any good, too much sitting about!😬

I know, you know, he knows. Will he do anything about it? I bullied him to go to the gym about 3 years ago, these days he has so many aches and pains he doesn't go....yes we know what causes aches and pains like that....

1 like

He doesn't really have to go to the gym though, I do excercise in house..

Same thing really, he's just not interested. Frightens the crap out of me, he's quite a bit older than me too. You can't force someone though...

You may also like...