Couch to 5K
64,033 members97,079 posts

W5R2

For the first time this morning I was putting off going for my run, no idea why. But after reading so many posts on here about people’s gremlins, I decided mine weren’t gonna win!

2 mins into the run the heavens opened and the wind got up so it was certainly a “different” run! Drenched to the skin!

But, I’ve done it. I’ve now ran for 8 mins continuously... twice!.. feeling very pleased with myself. Gonna give the ankle three days rest now before the “big 20” 🤣

Happy Saturday everyone, and happy running 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Liz x

17 Replies
oldestnewest

I’ve just done the same run this morning, feeling good too, well done you bit nervous for the jump to 20 mins but determined to go for it 😊🏃‍♀️

5 likes

We’ll both go for it and smash it Hels18. Good luck👍

1 like

Thanks you too, let me know how it goes 😊

Let me know ow when you do your's Im hoping for w5r3 Tuesday

1 like

Will do may be this week or Saturday as depends on my running buddy, she’s a couple of runs behind as missed 2 so I may run hers till she catches up but will keep you posted 😊

Well done! And you'll be fine with W5R3 (you will too, Hels18!). Take it slowly and you will surprise yourself - and you'll also feel brilliant once you've done it - it gives you a great psychological boost.

And if it doesn't work out and ends up as a practice run instead, then don't worry and try again next time.

4 likes

Well done! Especially in those stormy conditions!

1 like

Well done for the run and surviving the weather. Don't be daunted by run 3, it isn't as scary as it looks.

2 likes

Big 20 (w5r3) with big Mike tomorrow- wonder what words of wisdom he has for us 🧐

2 likes

Best of luck!... let me know how it goes. 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Liz x

1 like

I love having Michael with me on this journey. He is so warm and reassuring.

1 like

Well done Liz, give yourself a pat on the back for coping with conditions 👏

You can take it easy now for the big 20....don’t be daunted by it, you WILL surprise yourself 😊

Enjoy 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

1 like

Well done, yo are my inspiration being one step ahead of me!

1 like

🤣😘🤣😘

Good for you!!! Don’t you let those gremlins win....you will be fine for the big 20...don’t over think it, just get out there and nail it....you know you can & so do we 😉

1 like

Me too see you after w5r3 let me know how you get on

1 like

Congratulations! :-)

You may also like...