Back out and running πŸƒπŸ˜†

Well, having had to take just over a month off due to a coughing lurgy, I am finally back out and running!!

Went out on Wednesday and ran for about 15 mins (just over 2k). Went out again today and ran nearly 25 mins (but with a couple of short walking intervals along the way).

Fingers crossed I can continue to get back to the 4k I ran at the end of January- aiming to run my first Parkrun in a couple of weeks!

Skip

Featured Content

HealthUnlocked User Stories

How did you improve your fitness, general well-being or cope with your illness?

Share your story

Featured by HealthUnlocked

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Good to hear. It won't take long at all to regain that little bit of aerobic capacity you have lost in a month.

• Hope so!

• Nice to see you back!

These blinking coughs are a real pain...I have started with one again this week! The lurgy monster is a real gremlin!

I am sure you will be back on form really quickly now you are better... onward and upward :)

• I'm really hoping this is it for me now! This was the third one since I started C25k in October and lasted by far the longest!!

• Glad to hear it! My wife had a cough when she would start to run, and found it to be a thyroid goitre that was squeezing her wind pipe, she had it removed and now after about 5months she is back running albeit slowly, so needs to build up again, but there's no coughing!😊

You may also like...