Experienced my first race

This morning I experienced my first race and it was great so had to share. I was a 'coach' for my son so had to run the 1km CPC run (in The Hague). Now, I know it was only 1km but I'm so chuffed with myself for jogging the whole way which 2 months ago would not have happened. At no stage in the race did I feel that nasty little whisper in my brain telling me to stop. Admittedly it was quite slow as the race is full of little children under 9 and their parents.

Last night I'd had so many dreams/nightmares where I was late, too early, wearing the wrong trainers, got lost and ended up running the 10km route and finally the worst dream - a man behind me tweeting photos of my backside!!!! Thankfully none of that happened. 😜

The sun shone, jogged continuously and absolutely loved it!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Go you..blooming wonderful! You were there and you ran and you enjoyed it.. and you survived!!!!

• The tweeting man just made me laugh out loud - what does go through our subconscious minds. Glad you enjoyed it - the race not the tweeting!

You may also like...