Hip pain & running

I used to be a runner , did a few small charity cancer runs for kids but about 3 years ago I hurt my hip badly after doing a cartwheel . Had it X-rayed etc and they said it was not an actual deteriorating hip problem , however any type of running I always feel it the next day. Any ideas at all at how to get back into my running without the side affect of the pain in that hip. ? It was a big love of mine and miss it .

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Are you doing the C25K programme? It would be a good way to introduce yourself gradually to running again as it's walk/run to begin with.

I'm pretty sure that one of our members here, Anniemurph hurt herself doing cartwheels but I can't remember if it was her hip or not. I'm sure she'll be along to tell you.

The programme is gentle so perhaps you could give it a go, stretch afterwards and see how you get on. If you have pain then it's maybe best to see your doctor or sports physio.

Welcome and good luck 😊

• Thank you , I will look into that . Sounds like something I may be able to start . Had advice from doc a few years ago and done the physio so may go back and get it checked again . Julia

You may also like...