A surprise 10k! Unplanned and unexpected bonus :)

A surprise 10k! Unplanned and unexpected bonus :)

My last 10k was in early December and I really wanted to prove to myself that I could still do it. But not today for lots of reasons......a bad night waking in the wee hours and reading for an hour or more, busy day at work including a big lunch (baked potato, cheese and salad) then coffee and cake at home after work! But it was a beautiful day, dry and sunny and I really felt like getting some fresh air. So at 5pm I put my gear on and off I went! Well it was a lovely evening and I was really enjoying my run. Hubby met me down at the slipway so that doggie could run back home with me. Things were going well so I decided to add extra distance by running into the village and then back past the house continuing along the road. A little twinge behind the knee but otherwise felt relaxed and good. Another detour to add another kilometre and finally back home with run keeper displaying a big fat 10k! Hooray :)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

16 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Fab-u-lous!

It's lovely when it falls in place and goes well!

Great photo too :)

• Thanks, yes great when you get that feeling that you can run and run!

• Well done sounds like you had fun, what a lovely picture too x

• I am very lucky to be able to run near the sea especially on such a wonderful evening.

• A spontaneous 10k! Really brilliant and such a nice place to run. You are lucky - but I'll bet there are other times when the weather is not quite so good!

• Yes, indeed!!

• Brilliant! Love the days where it all just falls into place and you can keep going beyond expectations and plans. Well done.

• It was a nice surprise, but feeling a bit tired at work today (wouldn't normally do a long run on a work day).

• Brilliant run and brilliant photo too! You are right to be happy with yourself πŸ˜€

• Yes, feeling pleased with myself!

• Fantastic picture, and sounds like the run absolutely matched it! What a great evening 😊 Well done!

• I just couldn't resist running on and on because it was such a beautiful evening :) hubby was a bit worried wondering why I was over an hour so came out to look for me!

• Brilliant! Well done - funny how those runs often happen when we least expect them!πŸ™‚

• Thank you! Just shows that detailed planning is not always the best thing - nice to just 'go with the flow' sometimes!

• Fab! Well done you. I love those sort of runs :)

• Thank you Sarah!

You may also like...