Couch to 5K
55,021 members • 87,573 posts

W8R1 "I could have eaten a fridge!" 🍝

W8R1 "I could have eaten a fridge!" 🍝

1 X 28 minute run.

I started my run at 11 in the morning. Had a banana at 10 and was feeling great before heading out. I did have my breakfast cereal in the morning.

8° C and it was a wonderful weather.

I didn't realise the extra three minutes on top of last weeks run will take me so far that I will get lost in my area. I had to turn back for my return run on the same route.

I still remember my sugar crash during week 5, it's at least a banana before run nowadays.

I haven't run in such mild conditions in a while. I had forgotten how sweaty I am. I was so wet my glasses slipped from my face when I leaned forward. :P

By the time I finished my run, It looked like I had already taken my shower with full kit on.

The moment I opened my front door, I was really hungry out of nowhere. I didn't have anything except a whole cucumber. I don't want to say what I did to that cucumber. :P

It's one of those days where I didn't feel like running yet turned out to be a very good run. :D

😊

9 Replies
oldest • newest

I am another one who can't run on an empty stomach.

If it is a morning run, I need to have eaten at least my porridge and a banana.

1 like

Haha! The mind boggles about that cucumber 😂

Well done on the run and I love that picture!

1 like

Go you! As for that cucumber..... I really don't want to know :P I discovered last run too that I must eat before a run even if it is only a banana. Well done on a super run :)

1 like

Yep, I find I get grizzly if I don't eat, porridge for me too...that 'nana? The mind boggles...

1 like

Ha ha ! Yes we do want to know :-D

No maybe , best not :-)

Well done , getting closer and closer now to Graduation Day xxx

1 like

YES!

Haha great post! Love the picture too. Mild weather really does catch you out when you're not expecting it. I'm leaving the cucumber issue well alone... :D

1 like

Great run, great picture - I didn't realise you were so much younger than me!

I have to leave at least 3 hours between eating and running. My OH on the other hand can stuff his face with fruit cake and go straight out.

1 like

3 hours! I will usually feel hungry again. :)

You may also like...