W3R1 - too quick

I'm confused. Well, that's not difficult, as I spend my entire life confused.

Went out today - icy pavements, so definitely walking slower. Did my usual route, which gets me to the warm down walk about 3 minutes from home. This time I was about 8 minutes from home. I worked out I wasn't running any longer than normal, so I guess I must have speeded up a bit.

Oh well, better shorten the route slightly as it's very cold walking home again.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Use it as a means of getting acclimatised 😄

• Yes week 3 is a bit shorter, but all builds stamina and resilience

• You would have been going slower (probably because of the ice). If you'd been faster then you'd have got further and been closer to home. Well done anyway, icy conditions are not easy!

• Oh yes. Hadn't thought of that! told you I was confused!

• Yeah we found week 3 very short and a bit unsatisfying x lots more fun runs to come though, keep going and keep posting it's good motivation x

• Week 3 is shorter - and the ice will have slowed you down. Just keep following the instructions and you'll be fine! :)

• Well done for completing that first run of W3. It's cold out there so you did well. Slow and steady does it. :)

You may also like...