Couch to 5K
64,137 members97,191 posts

Family Christmas Eve Parkrun

Ok, so I was on the IC and couldn't make it. Better luck next year! However, I just wanted to let you know that my elder son ran a parkrun the other week in 20:31 and apparently would have been the third fastest female! LOL! 😂 My brother-in-law ran at the Christmas Eve parkrun in 22:59, he is now thrilled to be under 23 minutes and says it's all in the mind and he's going to smash 18 minutes next week (yeah, right!) 🤣 My ridiculously tall young nephew of 15 posted a time of 21:25. Not a PB, but not bad at all and he was really happy to participate. 💪🏻💪🏻😊😊👏🏻👏🏻 Well done to everyone who participated in parkruns yesterday and today and lots of luck and fun to those participating tomorrow and next weekend. Happy Christmas to you all, Flossie X 🎄🎅🏻🎁☃🍾🎉🔔🏃🏻🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏻🏃🏼‍♀️😊😊

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Wow what a fit family 🏃🏃👍👍 i knew you would be a great mentor flossie 22!! So i want to know how to get any place near these times😀😀have a great Christmas x

2 likes

Ha! Nice one! I'll have to get their hints and tips for you Phyllis and report back! You have a great Christmas too! 😊 X

Brilliant times! My son is 6.2' tall, not sure how that happened as I'm barely 5.2, he usually runs under 22 mins without trying but kindly ran at my pace yesterday so we could run together😀🏃🏻 It takes me twice as long, he didnt even break a sweat.

It was lovely to have his company and encouragement which got me a PRpb 😀😀😀😀😀

3 likes

Fab Jacs! PR PB on Christmas Eve, running with your son, you can't get better than that! 👏🏻👏🏻💪🏻💪🏻😀😀

2 likes

Goodness those are some times to live up to.

2 likes

I'll never make any of them! 😂

1 like

happy christmas flossie, what a speedy family you are part of :)

2 likes

True, but I am not one of them! 😊

never say never!! :)

1 like

Crumbs!! Your family are FAST!

Hope you're off the dreaded IC soon Flossie22 x

1 like

Oh thank you AM, me too! Me too!

1 like

Crikey I'd need a bike to keep up!

1 like

LOL Paul! So would I! 😂